New Cruze owner - Michigan
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By C4r7m4n
  • 1 Post By C4r7m4n

Thread: New Cruze owner - Michigan

C4r7m4n is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

New Cruze owner - Michigan

Just picked up an 18' Hatch TD 6sp with super low miles.

I changed jobs a year ago or so and finally pulled the trigger on what I hope to be a great commuter car. 55 miles each way is my commute, 4 days a week.

Already exploring adding the heated leather wheel. Gotta wait for more of these to hit the junkyards so I can get cheap parts

Dedicated GM guy, to a fault I spose

2012 Tahoe LTZ - Wifes
    2007 Sierra Denali Pickup (GMT800) - selling
    2004 TrailBlazer (current commuter) - selling
    2003 Silverado SS (forged LQ9 turbo, awd, T56 6sp)
    Rivergoer likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

5th Gear
    Greetings from Olivet.
    There was a Premier with kalahari leather at CoPart Ionia recently, but I have no idea which yard bought it.
    2017 Cruze LT RS
    2016 Cruze LT with Sun&Sound

C4r7m4n is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Yep it will turn up. Scrap titled ones go for pennies on there, I can see how the yards make money.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    Wise choice on the diesel, perfect for your commute.

Welcome!
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With ‘09 TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 245,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

Learning about my Cruze
    Welcome! I'm in Mich as well and just bought mine a few week ago (6 speed diesel hatch) with about 19k out of state. The car should serve you great. My commute is pretty bad but yours is worse (lucky its only 4 days a week eh) Thats exactly the kind of commute these cars excel at especially if there isn't a ton of traffic.

Just to satisfy my curiosity did you go out of state to find yours? I've been shopping these for some time now and hadn't found any locally. I'm the crazy guy who just swapped in a black leather interior to mine (now have originals on classifieds) and was just thinking the same; need to find the heated leather wheel to go with it. LMK if you find an extra one .

C4r7m4n is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Yes I had to go out of state to retrieve but that is part of the experience to me. Very closely priced to yours. Silver, RS Hatch.

Of the vehicles I listed above only (1) was purchased locally, the rest were a fly out drive home type scenario. I try to find private sellers as opposed to dealers who buy them at auction and throw them on the lot.

My commute has very little traffic, I will see approx 8-10 cars going same direction as me in the morning, most are headed to the city and I'm driving out of it. Lots of passing lanes.

I ran the numbers, compensating for fuel price difference, MPG difference vs what I'm currently driving and the fuel savings are pretty drastic. $200/month based on 4 days/wk and $250 based on 5 days/wk plus the added creature comforts and driving experience of diesel / manual trans made it a pretty easy decision.

My hope is that when I'm done with it the resale value will be much higher on it than it's gasoline counterpart as well.
    Rivergoer likes this.

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by C4r7m4n View Post
    Yes I had to go out of state to retrieve but that is part of the experience to me. Very closely priced to yours. Silver, RS Hatch.

Of the vehicles I listed above only (1) was purchased locally, the rest were a fly out drive home type scenario. I try to find private sellers as opposed to dealers who buy them at auction and throw them on the lot.

My commute has very little traffic, I will see approx 8-10 cars going same direction as me in the morning, most are headed to the city and I'm driving out of it. Lots of passing lanes.

I ran the numbers, compensating for fuel price difference, MPG difference vs what I'm currently driving and the fuel savings are pretty drastic. $200/month based on 4 days/wk and $250 based on 5 days/wk plus the added creature comforts and driving experience of diesel / manual trans made it a pretty easy decision.

My hope is that when I'm done with it the resale value will be much higher on it than it's gasoline counterpart as well.
    Is that one that was in Charlotte they had listed on ebay? I looked at one matching that description.

Mine was in WI which still goes against my rule about buying anything north of the mason-dixon line but I had to make an exception since it was only 8-9 months old and was babied. Mine was technically sold through a dealership but was one of the dealer employee's personal car and had all the documentation to back it up. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how hard this state is on cars; I'm really hoping come winter to get a beater and let mine hibernate safely til Spring as I'd really like to keep this one in nice shape for years to come. The MPGS were a big sell to me because aside from my commute to and from work I do a lot of travelling for work during the days; I didn't want to settle for just "pretty good" mileage since its such a chunk of my budget to fuel up. I probably could eke a few more MPG out of the sedan but was willing to trade that off for better cargo space which I also use a fair bit for work (someone on this forum has a nice diesel sedan 6 speed for sale)

Anyway welcome and congrats on the car!

Formula One Champion
    Welcome Aboard!
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)