New, but old.
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Steve123

Thread: New, but old.

Steve123 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

New, but old.

Hello---I don't have a Cruze but I do have a 2019 Buick Encore with the 1.4Turbo engine, and I have benefitted from reading the engine information shared on this forum by the all the well-informed Cruze owners. I've been doing just about all work on my own cars for 55+ years, so I've gone from the less complex cars from way back to the complexity of the newer cars dealt with on this forum. So thanks for the info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Welcome Aboard

Glad the forum could help.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Hello---I don't have a Cruze but I do have a 2019 Buick Encore with the 1.4Turbo engine, and I have benefitted from reading the engine information shared on this forum by the all the well-informed Cruze owners. I've been doing just about all work on my own cars for 55+ years, so I've gone from the less complex cars from way back to the complexity of the newer cars dealt with on this forum. So thanks for the info.
    Welcome to the site.

Your Buick can have one of two 1.4t engines.
    If your car has 'start/stop' you have the 1.4t found in the generation II Cruze.
    This is a, all aluminum engine.
    If your car does not have 'start/stop' you have the base 1.4t, found in the gen I Cruze as well as the only engine available on the Chevrolet Trax, sister car to yours.
    This version has a cast iron block with aluminum head.

This info just to help you stay on track if using the search function.....ie, Gen I.....Gen II.

Regards,
    Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Steve123 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Welcome to the site.

Your Buick can have one of two 1.4t engines.
    If your car has 'start/stop' you have the 1.4t found in the generation II Cruze.
    This is a, all aluminum engine.
    If your car does not have 'start/stop' you have the base 1.4t, found in the gen I Cruze as well as the only engine available on the Chevrolet Trax, sister car to yours.
    This version has a cast iron block with aluminum head.

This info just to help you stay on track if using the search function.....ie, Gen I.....Gen II.

Regards,
    Rob
    Thanks for the info. I should have been specific and mentioned that I have the base 1.4t engine, and from what I've read, I'm glad I do, for it appears that many of the owner's of the start/stop engines don't care for them and buy an aftermarket device to disable stop/start. Thanks for the welcome.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)