Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Yet another n00b

Tags
n00b
3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  coinneach 
#1 · (Edited)
So, yeah.

I needed to replace/rehome my 2005 Dodge Ram. 15mpg was just not working for the commute, and I wasn't hauling stuff anyway (bought it last year when I thought I was going to be buying a house). I ran my numbers and read the reviews and it came down to the Cruze, Focus, or Jetta TDi. FeeDub dealer wasn't interested in my trade (not that I can blame them) and the Focus wasn't as well-equipped as the Cruze for the same price. I drove an Eco and loved it, but the LS was a better fit for me payment-wise. I drove it as well and found it suited me just fine, despite the lack of turbo, cruise, and power seats. Took all of 3.5 hours from arrival at the dealership to signing the papers and driving away; most painless dealership experience ever. For comparison, buying the Ram was a two-day nightmare and it turned out they hadn't even inspected the thing before putting it on the lot.

Anyway, the new ride: 2012 LS, 6MT, ice blue metallic (which everybody comments on how beautiful it is), 25 miles on the clock when I first fired her up and 32 when I took her home. Some of the reviews said the front seats were narrow, which worried me as I'm kind of, uh, wide, but I love the fit. The 1.8 revs nicely and the trans is smooth, and she has more than enough grunt to deal with idiotic Phoenix traffic. Still getting used to the fairly limited iPod controls, but that's minor.

So far, I absolutely love my Cruze. The only projects I have in mind are the steering wheel swap to enable the cruise control, and maybe installing a sub. Otherwise, it's perfect. Chevy knocked this one right out of the park.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Full-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Derek, I'm probably gonna go with Sun Valley Stereo. My DIY days are long past and this car is a bit more technical than anything I've owned before (says the guy who fixes HP servers for a living). HECK, my beloved old '97 Crown Vic is positively antiquated next to it.

Xtreme, I saw your post in the tech forum. Once I decide on an amp I may just take you up on that.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

ETA: LOL nanny filter. :p

#6 ·
Ha, another IT guy. I also work in IT, as a Systems Security Admin. Fun stuff.

Running the amp is actually simple. So simple in fact that there's a harness by PAC that hooks up between your radio and the harness that goes into your radio. It provides two RCA adapters as well as a remote wire and requires no splicing or cutting. The only real work is running the power wiring.

#8 ·
Kinda hard to explain. Shuffle doesn't shuffle the entire player, just whatever album/folder is currently loaded. I've found it likes to play tracks in alpha-by-title order, not necessarily by track number order (yes, my ID3 tags are correct - I'm anal about tagging). Not a deal-killer by any means, but I'm used to having my iPod be like my own personal radio station, if you can dig that.

#12 ·
Nice color cruze and welcome to CruzeTalk! Njoy

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App

#15 ·
First of all, nice ride! I just got mine a few weeks ago, and this is actually a nice little car. Im also going to have to agree with missing Arizona. I miss Phoenix bad, I need to get back out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.