Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

New Cruze Eco, New Member already impressed! Hello from Washago, Ontario Canada!

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 ·
Well here goes, not new to forums but I am new here! I just picked up my Cruze on Saturday, and boy have we put this car through the ringer! I had an issue right off the bat with the Cruze, the stability control warning light and ABS warning came on about 20KM from the dealers, called the dealer and the manager knew right away that it was probably a faulty sensor, bring it in first thing Monday if you can, but completely safe to drive, which I knew already ... don't particularly like Stabilitrak or ABS but ya have to deal with them today in today's cars ... at least there is a switch to turn it off!! So no biggie to me, just a pain in the @$$. I drive 140km one way to work right now, hence the Cruze. I scouted this forum and a few others concerning gas mileage, quality control, durability etc, etc, ... Sales guy didn't have to say a thing to me, I knew exactly what I was looking at when I took it out for a spin! Spooled the turbo right up before we got off the lot, hadn't been in a standard in years, but like the old Aries and the motorcycles, like riding a bike, sales guy, dealers owners son, said tromp it ... it's insured as we nearly drifted a corner in the lot as he sat back sipping his coffee nonchalantly, cool guy, rodeo rider ...Car was pushed several times on the weekend, always putting a smile on your face. My son had the keys in his hands before we even got it off the lot, wanted to brush up on driving a standard!Fast forward to first drive in to work this morning ... well I am impressed! Changed the DIC to the fuel economy screen and watched as the average 8.9L/100Km worked its way down to 4.7 and finally ending up at 4.8L/100Km with the last 20KM in city traffic. So that is 59.12 MPG Canadian or 47.29 MPG American! (OH ... and that was an average 20+ over the limit or average of 70 Mph for 120KM of the trip(70 Mph)).THIS CAR IS NOT BROKE IN YET !!! OH and the Stabilitrac warning is no longer on the screen! Not showing up in the DIC anywhere now! NO Problems !!!SO FAR, I love this car, and I just parked my Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi (Making 22 - 23 MPG on the same trip)I will regail you all with my adventures ... and misadventures over the next little while

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome! Enjoy the Cruze Eco, and hope it's trouble-free!

If you ever decide that the shifter is ever too notchy, changing out the transmission fluid has shown to improve matters greatly.

#6 ·
Another fellow canuck, welcome! I really loved the way you described your first experience with the car lol :)

Congratulations and post some pics if you can!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: Starks8
#12 ·
Welcome and take a look at fuelly.com for recording your fill ups.

#8 ·
Well the numbers are in and I am pretty pleased!!! I have not been too easy on the pedal as hey ... 50+ MPG Cnd ... I am estatic!!! So the final number came in at nearly exactly 50.9 Mpg Cnd. combined today !!!! I cannont wait to take this on a long trip now!!! Need to send the boy somewhere with it!!! He needs to take my Nephew to University soon ... road trip!!

#9 ·
Welcome !

Im new from yesterday and i didnt receive any welcome posts, lol.

Fellow Canadian i salute you.

#10 ·
Howabout Welcome to the forums for all our friendly neighbors from the northland!

Hoping my Cruze and my Droid 3 are still here to send this message barring any engine fires!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.