200K Miles in a 2014 Chevy Cruze diesel! - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: 200K Miles in a 2014 Chevy Cruze diesel!

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by boraz View Post
    umm, no
    What?

He left in the midst of a huge argument about deleting or not deleting - aggression getting sent his way. That was what I was talking about.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    What?

He left in the midst of a huge argument about deleting or not deleting - aggression getting sent his way. That was what I was talking about.
    so i just read his last 20 posts

im missing the 'aggression' that was sent his way.

he was staunchly anti delete....dunno how much being a mod played into that, with the whole manufacturers ties to the forum

but he was in delete threads trying to defend the emission system

the same emission system that he, one of the most suitable driving styles still had issues with, let alone the high number of owners that dont do high percent of hwy miles

the same emission system that has had what 6? recalls? one of them taking over a year from announcement to solution and the solution doesnt work??? and he still defended it

has the emission system failed everybody? no nobody said that

has the emission system failed too many? yes, hence the recalls

cant be all Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf aboot it and says everythings fine, its not.

deleting is an option, thats all

his opinion on deletes was known, his posting in delete threads was gonna be argued back, thats not aggression.
    KpaxFAQ, justin13703 and Rivergoer like this.
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 140,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 350,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 320,000 km

Touring Champion
    His last post literally says that was why he was leaving. Not because he sold his car.

https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-ge...ml#post2822642
    Last edited by MP81; 12-28-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    Rivergoer likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion

He sold the car just a few weeks ago, the car served him very well, no one would argue that. He is driving a Mercedes E350 4 matic now as I understand it. @diesel and I are friends. He had some issues after the recall on his car and I would guess it needed a few things from 200k plus miles. Debating about why he left I think doesn’t matter really. After he left the forum I don’t think he drove it much and then decided to sell it.

My car is serving me very well, but I don’t plan on keeping it forever. I think we have several cars that will make many more miles than diesel did. I doubt I will be one to keep my car for more than 200k
    MP81 and Rivergoer like this.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 11k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 80k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI 190k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

I for one will run this car way past the 200000 mile mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Off-Road Champion

Your well on your way Gator. More likely you may hit 300 and beyond.
    Rivergoer likes this.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 11k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 80k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI 190k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

Hope to do so. My goal is 500000 better pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Hope to do so. My goal is 500000 better pic
    I too plan on driving the wheels off this car. I had 308K miles on a 2001 Grand Am before buying the diesel. I am not going to let the diesel be showed up by a 3400. I am back to doing my 188 mile round trip commute after more than two years away from my home station. So I should be racking the miles up pretty quick again.
    -Brad

2014 Silver Cruze Turbo Diesel

Hidden Content

BOOOOST!
    I wish I could of bought diesel's car for a song and promptly deleted it! lol
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel

1st Gear
    Diesel was an awesome guy and brought a huge amount of knowledge to the forum. But acting like he left because he was getting attacked or something is innacurate.

Like boraz said, he was extremely anti delete, and instead of ignoring threads and posts about deletes, he would often end up starting arguments over it and yes, by nature people will defend themselves. If youre not into deletes, by all means don’t get one done, but don’t try to crucify the people that choose to.

Another contributing factor to his leaving, that people like to say was a case of him being “attacked”, was when he insisted that an issue with a member’s car was due to having a delete, when the member provided evidence that the issue in question began well before the delete was ever installed. This started another delete/anti delete war which should have never even existed because the delete literally had nothing to do with the failure.

Like I said diesel was a cool guy and me and him got in a few friendly debates that stayed positive in nature the whole way through. But if you’re going to be on an online forum, you have to accept the fact that people are going to have differences in opinion. Someone having an opposite opinion as you is perfectly fine, but when you try to act like your opinion is superior to theirs, that’s where the problems start, and you can’t blame people for defending their own opinions. Live and let live. Don’t give someone a need to defend themselves, and they won’t have to.
    boraz likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)