EGR Delete questions
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: EGR Delete questions

Skyviper is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

EGR Delete questions

Hey Guys,

I've been digging around on the site and I've been unable to find specific information regarding deleting the EGR. my daily commute is about to be changing from 115 miles to 5 and I feel like the car isn't going to respond well to being driven such short drives and having driven it so much I'm pretty much married to it being upside down as much as i am, plus i love my cruze diesel. I just want to keep it running right and I feel like installing the EGR block off plates are going to be a good start to that.

does anyone have info on the EGR delete, and has anyone done this using trifectas tune by unchecking the EGR boxes?

anything you have to share on the subject is appreciated

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    There's no EGR delete, you get the whole package. The good news is you'll really like it. My wife did the same thing, during the time we were having all the sensor issues she went from a job that put at least 60 miles on the car every day to one 3 miles up the road. The car tolerated it for 4 months before the first light came on and after that due to some issues with the dealer it got the full delete and race tune. Runs great now and no more CEL's.

If you can get the latest recall stuff done you might want to try it and see if it will work as long as it doesn't cost you anything. I think it was about 3 weeks from the time my wife got the last light until the car finnaly got in the shop, I would just turn it off. The dealer even did it once when they told here they would call when they had a loaner available.
    starspangled6.0 likes this.

Handbrake Released
    I did a full delete months ago, and it was the best mod I've done to any vehicle I've owned. Modern EGR\DEF\DPF systems just don't work towards a long-lived and healthy diesel engine. To my knowledge, you won't find a tuner out there that will only tune out the EGR and offer a blocking plate to go along with it. Trust me, it's well worth the $1200 to do a full delete.
    KpaxFAQ and BradHerr like this.
    2014 Cruze Diesel
    -JDM Astar LEDs all around
    -Fleece Performance Delete
    -Fleece Performance Tuned
    2001 Silverado Diesel
    -5" full exhaust
    -Spectre CAI

*Sold*
    97 Sierra 1500
    03 Sierra 2500HD
    04 Silverado Duramax
    07 Silverado Duramax
    03 Sierra Denali

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    Delete! It is the best warranty you can purchase for a modern Diesel engine.

BOOOOST!
    Another happily deleted owner. It's amazing my oil still has a brownish color to it after 500mi since I changed it. It used to be deep black after 30 seconds of running the engine after a change.
    starspangled6.0 likes this.
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyviper View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've been digging around on the site and I've been unable to find specific information regarding deleting the EGR. my daily commute is about to be changing from 115 miles to 5 and I feel like the car isn't going to respond well to being driven such short drives and having driven it so much I'm pretty much married to it being upside down as much as i am, plus i love my cruze diesel. I just want to keep it running right and I feel like installing the EGR block off plates are going to be a good start to that.

does anyone have info on the EGR delete, and has anyone done this using trifectas tune by unchecking the EGR boxes?

anything you have to share on the subject is appreciated

thanks
    I think lots of people done EGR delete. However, I do not think it is a good idea to do EGR delete.

5th Gear
    You're trading oxides of nitrogen for a clean intake and less abrasives in the combustion chamber.
    Figure it's about 1/5 as bad as driving a pre-emissions semi (which you can't do in California any more).
    Probably not a nice thing to do in the Los Angeles smog basin, but elsewhere...
    2017 Cruze LT RS
    2016 Cruze LT with Sun&Sound

1st Gear
    EGR is beneficial in a very narrow band of areas in NA. For NOX to transform to smog its a chemical reaction including sustained heat and clear skys. I know people dont want to hear that but its true.

It's also illegal under the Clean Air Act of 1990 and punishable by up to 5 years in jail and $2500 (I made up the 5 years, but the $2500 is true.) Just saying
    2015 Chevy Cruze CTD 120K (DEF Tank Replaced)
    2013 Chevy Sonic 1.4T Hatch
    2005 GMC Yukon XL SLT 2500 8.1L(496 Big Block)

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by sailurman View Post
    It's also illegal under the Clean Air Act of 1990 and punishable by up to 5 years in jail and $2500 (I made up the 5 years, but the $2500 is true.) Just saying

Storing classified emails on a server in your bathroom is illegal too. What's your point? Letting an EGR wreck your diesel motor makes no sense even if you're the most liberal of eco-minded types: producing and shipping a new vehicle emits far more pollution than an EGR-deleted vehicle ever will.
    justin13703 and MRO1791 like this.
    2014 Cruze Diesel
    -JDM Astar LEDs all around
    -Fleece Performance Delete
    -Fleece Performance Tuned
    2001 Silverado Diesel
    -5" full exhaust
    -Spectre CAI

*Sold*
    97 Sierra 1500
    03 Sierra 2500HD
    04 Silverado Duramax
    07 Silverado Duramax
    03 Sierra Denali

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)