'15 CTD first emissions issue - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: '15 CTD first emissions issue

Administrator

For the record, it will be below freezing in Wyoming tonight.
    BDRiskey likes this.
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    For the record, it will be below freezing in Wyoming tonight.
    For the record the date the OP complains about for his return trip, reported temps were high 60 and low 45.

The complaint about the dealer is way off the charts as they gave him excellent service despite his admitted extremely rude comments to them, if my shop I would has sent him packing. Emissions problems are far and few between unless someone incompetently dicks them up. Look at all the high milers with no problem.

someone must be friends with Dick's ??

Originally Posted by BDRiskey

I told them they built a crappy car and emissions system and I shouldn't be the one who suffers for it.
    Last edited by theonlypheonix; 10-08-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlypheonix View Post
    . Look at all the high milers with no problem.
    list them please
    IndyDiesel and BDRiskey like this.
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 140,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 350,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 320,000 km

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

BDRiskey is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    suck it up show some manners. If you were smart you could have been when and where you wanted to be on time, assuming you could plan your trip, without harassing the dealership and looking for a poor excuse to take time off work.
    Dude really? I think the most entertaining part of your constant spew of negativity is you act like you know everything about me and really everything to ever know about anything. Poor excuse to take time off work???? I work hard and never let my employer down. You have this whole thing twisted in your head to think I am some sort of "play the victim" type. My car had the mileage countdown on the DIC So i wasn't going to drive it to work from Texas to Wyoming. Simple as that.

I think you both are missing the basic point!
    Umm No I'm not.

This board has well documented some of the rare problem areas, the typical simple fixes.. work arounds and detailed information on how the systems functions, one only needs to understand how their car systems work. In particular the issue of the OP complains about continuously thru his posts... the DEF heater. This has been an on going problem with all Chevy, ford diesels including the trucks basic all clean eco diesel, check it out. This is why GM has offered a special service bulletin to have it repair free for 100K mi. If one took the time to read their owners manual understanding the systems in their vehicle they would know why its there, how it functions, and if that particular system is needed for the current conditions.

Well... lets see, DEF heater is there to keep the DEF fluid from freezing, are the current weather conditions forecasting freezing conditions? You say no...hum? Seem to answer your very question... no need for heater so I can still run without a problem. Then you ask what about the dreaded count down? Ya, that is a problem if I let it run that will become a potential major problem so you say to yourself I have obligations... work, family, comfort, convenience to myself, etc? How do I accomplish what I need to do for myself till I get home and get it fixed? Very simple... the heater is checked once every start up cycle, so lets see? If I trick the system by resetting the CEL after first set when starting, its indication will extinguish and not start the count down. I get home... meet my obligation.... get it fixed at my local dealer I know is competent with no hassles to my self or even treats and harassment of those only attempting to help ME.

This is what I did, I was able to run two weeks and a 1000 miles before the replacement parts arrived. The only inconvenience of needing to reset the MIL indication every time I started then I could forget it until I stopped and needed to restart it again. Noting the counter NEVER ran!! NO need to harass, threaten, intimate the the poor sap that only was attempting to accommodate you in fixing your car! He does not have the part, yes you over look the obvious fix for yourself and harassed the people attempting to help you. Ridiculous, kinda in the order of the crazed shooter in Vagus, MOVE ON ...quit being so immature! If this vehicle is too complicated for you get a MOPED or bicycle.
    So again if I didn't say it before i'll say it now. I had the countdown on my car. You sir are have been the one to act immature. The car is not too complicated for me at all. I would prefer for it to just work and when it doesn't do that well, I will take it in to get fixed while its under warranty. If i was out of warranty I wouldn't have a DEF tank or DPF.

As for comparing me to the Vegas shooter???? I honestly don't even know what to say. You must be a child. Who the **** says something like that on a car forum about someone they don't even know who hasn't done anything wrong. BTW you just keep on quoting my comment about a crappy car and emissions system if it makes you feel better or justified. You honestly are just working your way to being banned.

For the record the date the OP complains about for his return trip, reported temps were high 60 and low 45.

The complaint about the dealer is way off the charts as they gave him excellent service despite his admitted extremely rude comments to them, if my shop I would has sent him packing. Emissions problems are far and few between unless someone incompetently dicks them up. Look at all the high milers with no problem.

someone must be friends with Dick's ??

Originally Posted by BDRiskey

I told them they built a crappy car and emissions system and I shouldn't be the one who suffers for it.
    Thanks for checking the weather for me BTW!! You are so kind to do that! You can feel free to move on bud cause you are not welcome. Also, you obviously are a gluten for punishment seeing you own a 6.0 Powerstroke, Good luck with that. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
    '15 Cruze Diesel 31K+

Off-Road Champion

Quote Originally Posted by boraz View Post
    list them please
    I have been on the forum for a long time, I am not aware of anyone with over 100k that hasn’t had an emission issue. If there is someone not meaning to step on their toes.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 11k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 80k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI 190k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    I have been on the forum for a long time, I am not aware of anyone with over 100k that hasn’t had an emission issue. If there is someone not meaning to step on their toes.
    there arent any

gm didnt recall the nox1 twice, the def tank heater, and the particulate sensor because the car is working the way its supposed to for the majority of owners.

they did it because of problems with their product.
    Hidden Content

2014 Cruze Diesel - White 140,000 km

1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 350,000 km
    1998 XJ 3" 31" Hakka LT 320,000 km

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BDRiskey View Post
    Dude really? I think the most entertaining part of your constant spew of negativity is you act like you know everything about me and really everything to ever know about anything. Poor excuse to take time off work???? I work hard and never let my employer down. You have this whole thing twisted in your head to think I am some sort of "play the victim" type. My car had the mileage countdown on the DIC So i wasn't going to drive it to work from Texas to Wyoming. Simple as that.

Umm No I'm not.

So again if I didn't say it before i'll say it now. I had the countdown on my car. You sir are have been the one to act immature. The car is not too complicated for me at all. I would prefer for it to just work and when it doesn't do that well, I will take it in to get fixed while its under warranty. If i was out of warranty I wouldn't have a DEF tank or DPF.

As for comparing me to the Vegas shooter???? I honestly don't even know what to say. You must be a child. Who the **** says something like that on a car forum about someone they don't even know who hasn't done anything wrong. BTW you just keep on quoting my comment about a crappy car and emissions system if it makes you feel better or justified. You honestly are just working your way to being banned.

Thanks for checking the weather for me BTW!! You are so kind to do that! You can feel free to move on bud cause you are not welcome. Also, you obviously are a gluten for punishment seeing you own a 6.0 Powerstroke, Good luck with that. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
    I made an example of Phoenix in lieu of any formal admin action due to his inciting what has turned into a flame war and making personal attacks. Personal attacks remain a zero tolerance rule on this forum regardless of whether or not someone deserves it. If you continue being part of the problem, you'll be part of the solution.

Both of you, knock it off and be polite. You're both grown men that should know how to engage online discussions politely and I'd rather not have to give anyone a temp ban here.
    Last edited by XtremeRevolution; 10-08-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    BDRiskey likes this.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Banned
    Diesel was right after !! LOL

Banned
    You know, The people I have helped the couple years I been on this forum seemed to have disappeared and the ones left are nothing but those that flame every time anyone says anything against what they believe. My car went 76K miles relatively trouble free, almost stock, little interference by a dealer service department and there are just one too many people on here who can't stand that fact and they continually month other members openly and its acceptable by the moderators on this forum. It's has become really, really old. I am a taking a leave as I think these types have become sooo common on Cruzetalk. It does not seem like the reasons I chose to be active on this forum for nearly 2 years are no longer relevant any more, and that all I needed to say, has been said.

Kinda of paraphrasing diesel... besides it is moot and just doesn't matter any more as the Cruze TD has taken a leave also, replaced by a Bolt EV.
    Last edited by theonlypheonix; 10-10-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Administrator

You know, The people I have helped the couple years I been on this forum seemed to have disappeared and the ones left are nothing but those that flame every time anyone says anything against what they believe. My car went 76K miles relatively trouble free, almost stock, little interference by a dealer service department and there are just one too many people on here who can't stand that fact and they continually month other members openly and its acceptable by the moderators on this forum. It's has become really, really old. I am a taking a leave as I think these types have become sooo common on Cruzetalk. It does not seem like the reasons I chose to be active on this forum for nearly 2 years are no longer relevant any more, and that all I needed to say, has been said.

Kinda of paraphrasing diesel... besides it is moot and just doesn't matter any more as the Cruze TD has taken a leave also, replaced by a Bolt EV.
    It is interesting that you flamed someone earlier with personal attacks that crossed not only a zero tolerance rule on this forum but also line of human decency and tact (comparing someone with a crazed mass murderer), followed by a general attack on the members of this forum and this moderators, while in the same breath stating that you are taking your leave because the only people left are those that flame people any time someone says something against what they believe. I can't possibly be the only one who sees the irony.

I chose to be active on this forum for over five years to help members with their problems, empower them to maintain, upgrade, and personalize their vehicles, and maintain a helpful and mutually polite community. Having been a member of other forums and taken advantage of such contributions by other members, my underlying motive was to pay it forward and make as many contributions of my own as possible. As a result, my 15,000 posts here (approximately 58x that of yours) have not been fatiguing, resentful, or tainted with regret. Perhaps you chose the wrong reasons to be active.

Should you choose to return, please review the forum rules and guidelines, and refrain from personally attacking members. A moderator staff is always ready and available to address issues between members, just hit the report button.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)