'15 CTD first emissions issue - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: '15 CTD first emissions issue

Driver's Ed
    my def heater took a dump at 36000 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    XtremeRevolution...

"Sieg Heil!" - "Heil, mein Führer!"

it is clear who start the bashing of a dealership that was giving excellent service to someone who was being rude and obnoxious. He was on a rant with his dealership and who knows how far he would have taken it if his unreasonable demands were not met! Typical school yard bully, not room on a professional forum for this conduct. It is one thing to state how they were not meeting his needs.

Originally Posted by BDRiskey
    "I told them they built a crappy car and emissions system and I shouldn't be the one who suffers for it."

Why should any dealer put up with such rude obnoxious behavior, should have been sent out the door. We as users should not put up with such poor behavior, and he continues on with that behavior unchecked against member of this forum. He should been banned... so the biased moderators pick and chose who can be rude and say what ever obnoxious spewing they want?? Clearly not role of moderator!

The reason are repeating why diesel left this forum and so should any other self respecting member.
    Last edited by theonlypheonix; 10-11-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Off-Road Champion

Quote Originally Posted by theonlypheonix View Post
    XtremeRevolution...

"Sieg Heil!" - "Heil, mein Führer!"

it is clear who start the bashing of a dealership that was giving excellent service to someone who was being rude and obnoxious. He was on a rant with his dealership and who knows how far he would have taken it if his unreasonable demands were not met! Typical school yard bully, not room on a professional forum for this conduct. It is one thing to state how they were not meeting his needs.

Originally Posted by BDRiskey
    "I told them they built a crappy car and emissions system and I shouldn't be the one who suffers for it."

Why should any dealer put up with such rude obnoxious behavior, should have been sent out the door. We as users should not put up with such poor behavior, and he continues on with that behavior unchecked against member of this forum. He should been banned... so the biased moderators pick and chose who can be rude and say what ever obnoxious spewing they want?? Clearly not role of moderator!

The reason are repeating why diesel left this forum and so should any other self respecting member.
    Why can’t you stop this nonsense? I really don’t understand it. @diesel is a friend of mine, please leave him out of it.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 11k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 80k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI 190k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

I thought it was pretty clear that BDRiskey was talking to corporate, as it would be inexcusably illogical for him to have said something of that sort to the dealership that merely sells and services the vehicles. A car enthusiast might be rude, or even irate, but stupid? The context of the quote that set theonlyphoneix off was pretty clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BDRiskey View Post
    I apparently made the right call by calling corporate and they got my car diagnosed before lunch which initially was told it'd be the evening if I was lucky and parts are being overnighted to have the car done by end of day Monday.
    - We find here that he called corporate, which signals a turn of events. It can be assumed that it was corporate's doing that resulted in this change, as he was unsuccessful in getting a satisfactory resolution from the dealer. If the dealer was unwilling or unable to get the car serviced promptly, it was they (corporate), who got the dealership to take care of the car more quickly after the phone call.

Unfortunately I have to burn a vacation day but at least the car is going to be done. They got to the point where they were going to rent me a car in Wyoming and I was just responsible for the flight.
    - We were already told that the dealership could not accommodate an out of state vehicle loaner/ Therefore, it was they (corporate) who were able to him a car rental in Wyoming.

Fairly impressed with corporates willingness to handle it. I told them they built a crappy car and emissions system and I shouldn't be the one who suffers for it.
    - It is affirmed here that they (corporate) were the ones who handled it and produced a favorable resolution to his problems. BDRiskey told them (corporate) that they (corporate) built a crappy car and that he shouldn't be the one who suffers for it, so they (corporate) resolved his issues.
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Off-Road Champion

To the OP you are relatively new here, sorry you had the experience you had on Cruzetalk. I am embarrassed by it and you didn’t deserve the nonsense. This should be a place to share experiences with each other, we or most of us own a cruze and a place to share and get advice. And when you have something of value to pay it forward and help someone else. It’s not a place to name call and be overly critical of each other. Hope you have lots of happy miles in your Cruze.

Plus when ever we have issues with our cars, I.e. emission system, it is a known problem on our diesels, it hasn’t effected everyone, but many of us have had issues, it’s ok to be disappointed with the emission system.
    XtremeRevolution and BDRiskey like this.

BDRiskey is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    To the OP you are relatively new here, sorry you had the experience you had on Cruzetalk. I am embarrassed by it and you didn’t deserve the nonsense. This should be a place to share experiences with each other, we or most of us own a cruze and a place to share and get advice. And when you have something of value to pay it forward and help someone else. It’s not a place to name call and be overly critical of each other. Hope you have lots of happy miles in your Cruze.

Plus when ever we have issues with our cars, I.e. emission system, it is a known problem on our diesels, it hasn’t effected everyone, but many of us have had issues, it’s ok to be disappointed with the emission system.
    Thanks Man. You are one of the forum members who helped me decide on a diesel over the eco. If i remember correctly we have pretty much the same car and they were built only a few days apart from each other. I know I shouldn't have engaged in his flaming but I also couldn't let someone talk that way to me and think that I was ok with it. I love the car but just like everyone else I hate the emissions system. Truly I am only disappointed in how corporate dealt with it all. In the end I was left hanging with no car or loaner to get me to work and had to use 2 vacation days that were scheduled for the holidays. Corporate never called me back when the wrong part was ordered and I was delayed another full day. Actually they just called me yesterday 10 days after my first call to them about my car not getting done when it was promised. They ended up giving me a $100 service voucher and said sorry. I told them thank you but couldn't believe they left me hanging when I was told that they would get me to work no matter what. Gotta love big corporations! Anyways thanks to you and Xtreme for actually understanding my post and helping to extinguish the flames.
    IndyDiesel likes this.
    '15 Cruze Diesel 31K+

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlypheonix View Post
    You know, The people I have helped the couple years I been on this forum seemed to have disappeared and the ones left are nothing but those that flame every time anyone says anything against what they believe. My car went 76K miles relatively trouble free, almost stock, little interference by a dealer service department and there are just one too many people on here who can't stand that fact and they continually month other members openly and its acceptable by the moderators on this forum. It's has become really, really old. I am a taking a leave as I think these types have become sooo common on Cruzetalk. It does not seem like the reasons I chose to be active on this forum for nearly 2 years are no longer relevant any more, and that all I needed to say, has been said.

Kinda of paraphrasing diesel... besides it is moot and just doesn't matter any more as the Cruze TD has taken a leave also, replaced by a Bolt EV.
    This guy is worse than a hemroids.

1st Gear
    Xtreme you have more patience than I do. Phoenix shoulda been banned a few pages back. There are a few members like that on this forum that take advantage of the moderators leniency and try to project their holier-than-thou attitude and make personal attacks on everyone who doesn’t share the exact same opinions as they do and honestly it would be a better place here if they just got the banhammer after the first warning.

Anyway, BDRiskey, if it makes you feel any better, in 46,000 miles my car has been back to the dealership for emissions related issues at least 5 times. Phoenix insinuating that the only way you have emissions issues with this car is if you cause them yourself, is a joke. I’d like him to tell me what you can personally do to cause a def heater to fail. I’ll wait.

Off-Road Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NHRA View Post
    This guy is worse than a hemroids.
    Please stop the silly name calling.

When my DEF heater failed a few months ago at just over 50,000 miles I got a 100 mile countdown to "death." So, driving it anywhere but strait to the dealer was not an option. These DEF heaters have failed on a large number of 14'-15' CTD cars there doesn't seem to be and rhyme or reason for them to fail, they just do. At least GM has stepped up and has offered an extended warranty on the repairs.
    BDRiskey likes this.
    2018 Cruze Turbo Diesel 1.6L 9T50 LT
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel 2.0L AF40-6
    (Sold) 38.2MPG DIC Lifetime Average

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)