2014 Diesel CV Joint Failure? - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 2014 Diesel CV Joint Failure?

Rivergoer is online now [OP]
    Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    I'm afraid it would have been a fight had I not removed the oil drain/gutter/garbage part.
    ......the drain/gutter/garbage part THAT WAS DEFECTIVE, SHEARED OFF AND LAYING IN THE BELLY PAN......

Based on my experience I can say with certainty that removing the ‘culprit’ BEFORE visiting the dealership led to the proper outcome in your case.

Glad it worked out!
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With ‘09 TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 245,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    As am I! The car was at the dealer for longer than I expected, but we had a brand new vehicle for a loaner during that time (one of those mornings being -12 where other diesels in the area - including an Equinox Diesel - did not start) so no issue there. No dealer in the area had one of those axles, so they had to special order.

Again, had I not known about the likely culprit, I'd likely have to pay to replace the axle - or had to expend a bunch of energy to make them do it for free. That would have been awful. Still mindblowing it's not covered.
    Rivergoer likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Went to do an oil change today, guess what I found laying on the belly pan!!!! Deflector sheared right where everyone else's did. Part is cheap, the oil change was more of a mess than usual and took the PS wheel off to fish out the deflector.
    Rivergoer likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel, full delete.
    1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel "Nancy"
    2004 Harley-Davidson Road King Custom

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Rivergoer is online now [OP]
    Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyGTP View Post
    Went to do an oil change today, guess what I found laying on the belly pan!!!! Deflector sheared right where everyone else's did. Part is cheap, the oil change was more of a mess than usual and took the PS wheel off to fish out the deflector.
    Be sure to inspect the CV boot for cuts/damage, could lead to premature CV axle failure.
    MP81 likes this.
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With ‘09 TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 245,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

Thanks! Will do.
    MP81 and Rivergoer like this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel, full delete.
    1995 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel "Nancy"
    2004 Harley-Davidson Road King Custom

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyGTP View Post
    It must've fallen further into the center of the car than mine did. I was able to lay on the ground and reach up and over the axle and down into the belly pan, pick it up, and drop it out onto the ground.

As @Rivergoer mentioned, definitely check that inner boot there. It falls directly onto it - wonderful design.
    Rivergoer likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

9. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)