Will the Diesel Cruze Xgauges work on a gasoline Cruze?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Will the Diesel Cruze Xgauges work on a gasoline Cruze?

Dust is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Will the Diesel Cruze Xgauges work on a gasoline Cruze?

I have been reading about using my Scangauge in my gasoline Cruze, and noticed that some of the gauges, especially the IAT 2 and 3, and Engine Oil Pressure gauges would be great for me. Has anyone tried a Diesel Cruze programmed SG2 in a gasoline Cruze to see if they would output correctly?
    Last edited by Dust; 04-10-2019 at 03:20 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Drag Racing Champion
    scanguage doesn't specify gas or diesel.

II and E specify light duty trucks and cars.

D is for diesel motorhomes and semis

KR is added features for semis.

Assuming your diesel had an obd2 plug. It should work.

That's what it looks like to me anyways. Going off their websight.

Dust is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    scanguage doesn't specify gas or diesel.

II and E specify light duty trucks and cars.

D is for diesel motorhomes and semis

KR is added features for semis.

Assuming your diesel had an obd2 plug. It should work.

That's what it looks like to me anyways. Going off their websight.
    Yes, but i am looking to see if the Xgauges specific to the Diesel Chevy Cruze could be programmed into my SG2 when I send it in for firmware update, and work for my gasoline Cruze. The simplest way to test that would be for a diesel Cruze owner with an SG2 to test the Xgauges in a gasoline Cruze.

https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-co...-cruze-diesel/
    Last edited by Dust; 04-10-2019 at 03:38 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

5th Gear
    Xgauges are something you program into the Scangauge to display various PIDs from the computer.
    They were nice enough to preprogram a few for the 1st gen diesel Cruze upon request.

I suspect those CTD Xgauge PIDs won't work on most other cars, but in ten-twenty minutes' time you could edit all of them to read the data from your car if you had the correct info to work from. I don't know if the gassers even have sensors to monitor IAT in more than one place or oil pressure.

I found IAT to be kind of boring in my LE2 when I got my BNR tune. At 200hp in 30°F ambient temps, the IAT in my car reads about 37°. If the intercooler is so efficient that intake temps are within ten degrees of ambient at high boost, then it's not worth having a gauge to display IAT.
    2017 Cruze LT RS
    2016 Cruze LT with Sun&Sound

Dust is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    Xgauges are something you program into the Scangauge to display various PIDs from the computer.
    They were nice enough to preprogram a few for the 1st gen diesel Cruze upon request.

I suspect those CTD Xgauge PIDs won't work on most other cars, but in ten-twenty minutes' time you could edit all of them to read the data from your car if you had the correct info to work from.
    My scangauge is currently at 4.12 firmware, and I would have to send it to Scangauge for a firmware update to even be able to try the Xgauges. Hence asking if someone can check before I ship it off.

I don't know if the gassers even have sensors to monitor IAT in more than one place or oil pressure.

I found IAT to be kind of boring in my LE2 when I got my BNR tune. At 200hp in 30°F ambient temps, the IAT in my car reads about 37°. If the intercooler is so efficient that intake temps are within ten degrees of ambient at high boost, then it's not worth having a gauge to display IAT.

There are what I think are TMAP sensors before the turbo, and before the throttle body on the LUJ. They should be picking up the temperature and pressure at both points. I would like to be able to watch the delta between the two to see if an upgraded FMIC is necessary.

Drag Racing Champion
    THat's kind of what I was thinking. Different PID's.

If you look at the scangauge websight. Under support center. Diesel cruze has a seperate link. Scrolling through the list they all say 4.42 is required.

https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/gm/

Dust is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    THat's kind of what I was thinking. Different PID's.

If you look at the scangauge websight. Under support center. Diesel cruze has a seperate link. Scrolling through the list they all say 4.42 is required.

https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/gm/

Yes. I linked to that information 3 posts above yours. I have firmware 4.12. I have to send my gauge in for an update to even try the CTD Xgauges. I am asking people that have the CTD specific programming to test it on a gasoline Cruze. If it will display the IAT and oil pressure information on a gasoline Cruze, then I will ask Scangauge to put those PIDs onto the scangauge when they are updating from 4.12 to the newest firmware.

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    I have been reading about using my Scangauge in my gasoline Cruze, and noticed that some of the gauges, especially the IAT 2 and 3, and Engine Oil Pressure gauges would be great for me. Has anyone tried a Diesel Cruze programmed SG2 in a gasoline Cruze to see if they would output correctly?
    Yes it will. I purchased mine used from a Cruze dieseler and plugged it into my 1.4T. Other than displaying 0's for the diesel specific gauges, everything works as expected. He had purchased one before the diesel xgauges were programmed in and sent it in for a firmware update specifically asking for the diesel gauges. He received it back, used it, I don't remember for sure, but I think he sold his Cruze and I bought the gauge. Still installed and working great.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Dust is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Yes it will. I purchased mine used from a Cruze dieseler and plugged it into my 1.4T. Other than displaying 0's for the diesel specific gauges, everything works as expected. He had purchased one before the diesel xgauges were programmed in and sent it in for a firmware update specifically asking for the diesel gauges. He received it back, used it, I don't remember for sure, but I think he sold his Cruze and I bought the gauge. Still installed and working great.
    Good. I bit the bullet this afternoon and got the upgrade info inputted. I will ship it out tomorrow, and probably some Lucas/Delphi 42 lb. injectors for servicing for when I go flexfuel. A used intake manifold with fuel rail, injectors, purge valve, and IM to turbo PCV hose will ship tomorrow to me. 15 miles on it so far and I am almost $200 in.

Off-Road Champion
    Thanks @Blasirl Glad to hear there’s cross-compatibility between Diesel and Gas models.

Don’t mean to hijack but will my SG II with x-gauges for my CTD also work in my 06 Ram 5.9 Cummins?

I have the Linear Logic web page showing 06-07 Cummins x-gauge programming, can I program those in and still use it in the Cruze diesel?
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With ‘09 TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 245,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)