A few bumps in the road with my Chevy
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A few bumps in the road with my Chevy

Paul107 is online now [OP]
    Driver's Ed

A few bumps in the road with my Chevy

So I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze. First had a cel code p11d7 I beleive about the nox sensor butbthat went away now I have the def quality poor message so I contacted Chevy they say they only have one recall or warranty for the def tank but while I was researching about the Cruze I found a few more topics and information and the 1st upstream nox sensor I beleive and seen people have had that replaced and ECU reflashed, wondering if anyone has any other I formation about this because the dealer says it’s my nox sensor #2 and has to be replaced stated the sensor is 500 and they have to make sure everything is working right, I’m trying to avoid this 900 dollar bill if possible also names Paulie from Connecticut originally ny,also how do I get my hands on and order one of these make my life easier delete kits
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    @Paul107 If you haven’t read this one already, lots of info here:

https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/169-...h-install.html

OZ still offers the “Special Edition” Gen 1 Diesel tuner but not the downpipe. A Google search will help you locate one of the few left out there, apparently becoming harder to find these days.
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With ‘09 TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 245,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

Driver's Ed
    Thanks a bunch I was on oz tuner website didn’t mention about it being a special tune just a normal tune for 1g and found the down pipe from some diesel websites for about 250 also saved the how to from here so eventually within a week or so I’ll be calling them, for some reason or another from other diesel websites they have the same tuner from oz for a buck cheaper but describe it totally different any insight on this?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Sorry just rechecked oz and it is special custom edition efi live auto cal

So Paulie. how many miles on the car. Are you the original owner? If not, did you get the vehicle history? Also if not, did you do a VIN check for repairs and recalls. Remember, the dealership is there to make a lot of money from trusting and ignorant people. Do your research and figure out exactly what you are looking at. Oh, and welcome to the forum.
    My CTD had emissions quirks initially. But with the help of solid research and a service department advisor that wanted to see me succeed with the vehicle and be a repeat customer, my car has been rock solid for about 50K miles (not counting the DEF heater reservoir which is a weak link in the system which I replaced myself in under an hour for $165.)

One more point is that these diesels are cars meant to be driven.

Good Luck
    Rivergoer likes this.
    2015 Chevy Cruze CTD 120K (DEF Tank Replaced)
    2013 Chevy Sonic 1.4T Hatch
    2005 GMC Yukon XL SLT 2500 8.1L(496 Big Block)

Driver's Ed
    Hello and no I’m not original owner car has 79000 on it and I called Chevy and did an online check and both said there were no recalls for my vehicle only about the def tank/reservoir I asked him if any recall warranty work was ever recorded based on the vin and he said there was to recall or warranty work to be done but now I got my car back emptied my trunk and found this it’s like crystallized dried exhaust fluid all over the place over wires down the well everywhere all over

Driver's Ed
    Yeah all over and it seems to be leaking from the top of the white blue contraption guessing that’s the heater or pump
    Attached Images Attached Images

Off-Road Champion
    That crystallization doesn’t necessarily indicate a leak. The previous owner may have been less than careful when filling the DEF tank.

It’s pretty easy to overfill and spill DEF. This would produce the same results seen in the pictures.

Best way to confirm is to clean it up with wet towels, let dry thoroughly, then drive for a tank of fuel or two and see if any crystallization returns.
    Thank you Veterans!

Driver's Ed
    Only reason I’m assuming yes assuming leak is I just see fluid on top of the ring and just dawned on me whenever I parked at work or home I’ve always seen a white stain mark on the pavement at the rear of the vehicle I’ll definatley do all the cleaning and what not but this **** countdown thing sucks if it happens to be nox sensor anyone know which one it is in the rear, the sensor more towards henrear of vehicle or in front of it

Off-Road Champion
    There are two sensors toward the rear of the vehicle...NOX2 and the Particulate Matter Sensor. They both consist of a sensor and a module connected by a wire so they look similar.

This thread (and the link therein) will help you identify each one and also how to replace.

https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/169-...sor-p11d7.html
    Thank you Veterans!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)