2011 LTZ stereo upgrade 6x9
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2011 LTZ stereo upgrade 6x9

LARRY01Z28 is offline [OP]
    1st Gear

2011 LTZ stereo upgrade 6x9

ok guys i really dont know where to post this. but here are the pics of my upgraded stereo install.
    Kenwood amp, kenwood 6.5 componets and kenwood 5 way 6x9's. 1 8 inch bazooka tube.
    also my car just came with the standard stereo 6 way speakers. it now has 13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    I still have some wires to clean up. and hide. but i know some people where wanting to see the 6x9's in the hatch area.
    i tapped into the rear sepaker wires right there in the a-pillar, pull the plastic back and you can get to the wires. for the front wires i tapped into the wires by pulling the kick panels out. .
    i placed the 6.5 mids in thek kick panels and i put the tweets in the center console, i put the crossovers up under the dash/front part of the console.

the 6 x9's i used my sharp pocket knife to cut the card board/carpet. i filled all the void areas with sound deadening material in the back hatch.

Driver's Ed
    I don't know If I'd have the stones to cut all those holes in my new LTZ's interior. Still nice work overall. IMO. that sub needs to go somewhere else though, looks out of place there. Also did you replace, keep, or unhook the door speakers?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    the bazooka tube will only be there for a month or so. it sits behind the passanger seat for now. im going to put 2 12's in i hope. i kept the door speakers. i plan on upgrading them in the future.

Thanks a lot for the pics Larry! Where did you run your wires from the front of the car to the back? Under the door sill?

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY01Z28 View Post
    the bazooka tube will only be there for a month or so. it sits behind the passanger seat for now. im going to put 2 12's in i hope. i kept the door speakers. i plan on upgrading them in the future.
    Looks like you will have all of the sound you need. Glad to hear the tube won't stay behind the passenger seat. I am sure it sounds great, but a pain for any passenger that wants to sit there.
    2011 Cruze LTZ (Black Granite Metallic)

Looks good, good ideas to look at, thanks

1st Gear
    yes i ran the wires under the door sills, and under the seat, in the trunk area i ran them under the trunk liner, there is plenty of room back there.
    as far as the tube goes. i very rarley have passangers. if i do i can just take the tube out real quick. i really want to get two 12 inch R2's in a sealed box and then i will really be rocking. lol

Driver's Ed
    Hey, where did you find a source for the remote wire? I used the wires up to the right of the fuse box in the dash (light controls). It tested as an Accesory hot (because i was in dark garage and my headlights turned on) So now my stereo only works when A. my headlights are on B. my fogs are on.

Handbrake Released
    looks like you need to clean it up A LOT. and I really hope youre not planning on leaving the amp on that ugly wood pedestal.
    2011 Chevy Cruze LS with connectivity package in Black Granite Metallic.
    -Blacked out bowties
    -20% tint all around
    -LED dome lights
    -Blacked out Chrome and center console trim.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)