How long first major service?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long first major service?

ProDigit is offline [OP]
    2nd Gear

How long first major service?

I had a few cars before.
    At 100-120k miles, they all had to go through a second belt, cv joints, and a whole range of other stuff wasn't working well.

I have a 2011 Cruze Eco at 60k miles, and wonder when it's the best time for me to sell it?
    I want to buy the 2017 mustang with 2.0L turbo then, but I'd rather save up for a year or two (and buy the 2018 or 2019).
    I'm just hoping my cruze would reach 100k miles.

What do you say?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Aside from the typical Cruze things - water pump, turbos, PCV etc, they're relatively solid little cars with mileage if you're one of the lucky ones with a good one. Aside from the 2013 model year recalls, axles/boots haven't been an issue for higher mileage owners. Serpentine belt tensioner goes out occasionally (it'll chirp or rattle). Fluids need to be changed if they haven't already (coolant, brake fluid, trans fluid). It may feel like the shocks/struts are getting loose, or you might have rattles from the sway bar end links. Relatively normal stuff - sway bar links are a very easy <1 hr DIY project.

Also, the Mustang is the 2.3 EcoBoost. Meh. They're quick, but a Mustang that sounds like a bunch of bees under the hood is...not very exciting, at least to me. Would be nice if they'd replace the 3.7 V6 with the 2.7 Ecoboost for 2019 - that engine is a riot, and sounds good to boot.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

ProDigit is offline [OP]
    2nd Gear
    THanks for the info,
    Sorry, typo there!
    I meant to say the camaro, not mustang.
    I think the 10% heavier car, powered by 200% of HP might be interesting; not to mention they look awesome!

When do the fluids need change?

My rear brakes chirp.
    I recently changed the fronts, and used the handbrake to tighten the rears. It worked fine when driving in reverse, but the handbrake seems to get loose over time again.
    All in all, I think I applied the handbrake trick 3x, but after a month or so, it feels like I can lift it all the way to the end again.

So far no rattles or any unusual noises, save for the rear brakes.
    Last edited by ProDigit; 06-05-2017 at 10:12 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)