Auto Stop/Start in 2018 models
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Auto Stop/Start in 2018 models

Driver's Ed

Auto Stop/Start in 2018 models

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this has been asked before; does anyone know if the 2018 models have a switch to turn off the auto stop/start feature?

Thanks,
    H.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    Yes, put it in Manual mode, and shift it up to 6th. It's been there since 16's came out.

Seriously, there probably isn't a switch or button.
    CruzeTech, jblackburn and ajb62787 like this.

Touring Champion
    There is not a switch, no.

The 2018 Equinox loaner we have right now has it, I see no reason to ever turn it off. I actually got upset when it wouldn't stop while we were at a light, but that may have been because we had the air on full blast. Rolled down the windows so it wouldn't have any trouble stopping the engine.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    and GM wonders why people are buying the corolla and civic. Eliminate this useless feature GM.

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by NewCarBuyer View Post
    and GM wonders why people are buying the corolla and civic. Eliminate this useless feature GM.
    Toyota/Honda have this "useless" feature on other vehicles as well (Pilot, Odyssey, Highlander)

People buy the Corolla because they're sheep and the Civic because the auto reviewers love it.
    Cruzer4326 and Taxman like this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

6th Gear
    The only issue with auto start/stop is when it breaks, which I honestly have yet to see. It's extremely seamless and most reviewers praise the chevys for doing such a good job with it. The only con to it is the possible slight thud that it may produce, but I never experienced this and I drive like a bat outta **** trying to improve my green light reaction time, and it needing to start back up didn't slow me down in the least, and this was in a Chevy from 2014..

BOOOOST!
    I am constantly baffled by the people that are so against this feature.
    jblackburn likes this.
    2017 Cruze Hatch LT w/RS manual | Cajun Red Tintcoat
    Metro Detroit

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I work at a Chevrolet dealer; let me know if I can help!

248-882-0883 | Hidden Content

BOOOOST!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricSmit View Post
    I am constantly baffled by the people that are so against this feature.
    Thats because you have a manual. I couldn't stand it. Its intrusive, to me. I roll into the garage, creeping up, to make sure Im all the way in, so the door closes, without hitting my car. The [email protected] car dies at 1-2 MPH, and restarts, again, immediately, for me to pull up 3 more inches. Almost as annoying, is, when you're trying to make a right turn, at a red light, and the cross traffic is hauling mail. I often creep up anticipating pulling out, and I let my foot off the brake to creep, and the car doesn't move, why? because its not friggin running. Cant stand this stupid feature.

BNR sent my tune to me, last night, and Jerry DISABLED it for me. No more auto start. POS.
    2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic Hatch/ RS Premier/ BNR Tuned (Current Daily Grinder)
    2014 Blue Ray Metallic Eco 6MT/ BNR Tuned (Retired)
    2013 Silver Ice Metallic Eco 6MT/ Trifecta Tuned by BNR (Retired)
    2012 Autumn Metallic Eco 6MT (Retired)

Yeah, I don't get this S/S feature myself. My car does not have it thank goodness, but if we have cars EASILY getting 40-50 MPG without it, why in gods name do we need it? So we can get 41 or 51 mpg? Nobody can ever convince me this does not create added wear and tear on the car's starter, tranny, engine. Plus, as previously pointed out, when going very slow or parking it's intrusively aggravating.
    Black Granite CTD

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get this S/S feature myself. My car does not have it thank goodness, but if we have cars EASILY getting 40-50 MPG without it, why in gods name do we need it? So we can get 41 or 51 mpg? Nobody can ever convince me this does not create added wear and tear on the car's starter, tranny, engine. Plus, as previously pointed out, when going very slow or parking it's intrusively aggravating.
    No. City MPG, not highway.

Thats because you have a manual. I couldn't stand it. Its intrusive, to me. I roll into the garage, creeping up, to make sure Im all the way in, so the door closes, without hitting my car. The [email protected] car dies at 1-2 MPH, and restarts, again, immediately, for me to pull up 3 more inches. Almost as annoying, is, when you're trying to make a right turn, at a red light, and the cross traffic is hauling mail. I often creep up anticipating pulling out, and I let my foot off the brake to creep, and the car doesn't move, why? because its not friggin running. Cant stand this stupid feature.

BNR sent my tune to me, last night, and Jerry DISABLED it for me. No more auto start. POS.
    Meh. You learn to live with it (or shift to L when it needs to be disabled).

I've let my dad and gf drive my car. Both stopped noticing it shutting off after a day or two of driving it. It's pretty seamless when you're not in stop-and-go traffic.

There SHOULD be a delay of a few seconds before it shuts down, though. I think that would alleviate a lot of complaints - mine as well.
    Last edited by jblackburn; 09-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    MP81 and Rivergoer like this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)