Does anybody out there have a Cruze that DOESN'T have problems??? - Page 8
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Does anybody out there have a Cruze that DOESN'T have problems???

Driver's Ed
    2012 Cruze LT RS. 53,000.

Had a lot of initial recalls (belly pan, valve cover, etc). Water pump was at 40,000 miles. Since then I've had to replace many little items for oil leaks and coolant leaks....nothing major, but gets annoying sometimes. Currently have an issue with left side caliper is sticking, plastic smell when heat is on max (glue) and have phaser solenoid leaks (need gaskets).

I was like you at first and had zero problems and thought it was how people treated their car.....nope, just a matter of time until you see the same issues. However still runs great and love the car, should make it to 100,000 no problem.
    Last edited by TricarboNate; 03-23-2019 at 03:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

World Rally Champion
    Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    I have a 2012 Holden Cruze CDX diesel and in nearly seven years I have had no problems except for a slight transmission leak that was fixed before it became an issue. Also the surge tank was replaced as a "Customer satisfaction item", in other words they expected it would fail at some time. The car has been great and I can't see me selling it for a long time.
    Hidden Content
    2012 Holden Cruze CDX Diesel, Nitrate Silver,
    Tinted windows, SRI-V wheels. Built July 2012, MY13 model

Handbrake Released
    Just wanted to say, I had a ride in a not-very-old Jetta. It was a noisy rattle can compared with my 2017 Cruze.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    2014 LT, a lot of cold weather-related issues that may have been fixed in later builds... window mechanisms breaking, EVAP problems, brake issues. Since purchased new, we have had more time with the check-engine light on than off... too many trips to dealership and quick-fixes that don't last. We had a CEL for the EVAP system that they could not solve in many warranty services, but magically fixed permanently after the warranty expired to the tune of $500. This was particularly annoying because a CEL stops remote-start from working, which was a buying point for us, here in cold Northern MN. I'm not trying to gripe about Chevy... I love my Avalanche. But, our dealership is either poorly trained or dishonest. Neither of those are good.

All that said, Love it in the summer, but too many issues in the cold weather. We're probably going to sell it after it's paid off.

World Rally Champion
    Not sure how it works where you live, but in Australia that would still be covered by warranty as it wasn't fixed properly during the warranty period and you have a record of the attempted fixes.
    Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    I have no problems at 15k with a Trifecta 200+hp engine since 300miles on the odometer.

Driver's Ed
    Ha, a GM product without problems...no that's a laugh. The Cruze 1st gens are notorious for oil leaks because of poor quality seals as well as cheap plastic parts, etc. Noxious smells and really obnoxious heater coil problems will keep you entertained as well. As Scotty says...Run...from GM cars.

World Rally Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottNatte View Post
    Ha, a GM product without problems...no that's a laugh. The Cruze 1st gens are notorious for oil leaks because of poor quality seals as well as cheap plastic parts, etc. Noxious smells and really obnoxious heater coil problems will keep you entertained as well. As Scotty says...Run...from GM cars.
    Did you not read the thread? The thread was asking for cars with no problems, we all know what problems they do have.
    Hidden Content

Drag Racing Champion
    GM since 1982. Oldest model was 1967. Other then wear and tear. NEVER had a problem with any model.

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    GM since 1982. Oldest model was 1967. Other then wear and tear. NEVER had a problem with any model.
    Honestly...Similar story here.
    Since '92 though, with oldest being '65.

My 4 Cobalts cumulatively had over 500k miles on them, and besides maintenance I replaced one set of stabilizer links, a seat belt buckle, and a turbo.

My Impala has had seat belt replaced, throttle body intake tube, andgone through 3 of it's 4 hubs, in 110k miles. (All items were under warranty, powertrain, PZEV or special policy) still has original brakes all the way around. It needs new headlight bulbs every 15k...So happy Cruze doesn't use the bulbs as DRL.

My Silverado had brake lines rot out. And a blower resistor at 13years old.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)