Does anybody out there have a Cruze that DOESN'T have problems??? - Page 9
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Does anybody out there have a Cruze that DOESN'T have problems???

Driver's Ed
    I’m devastated . I’ve wanted a Cruze for a while. Don’t know why I just love the car! Finally I was able to afford a 2011, leather moonroof really clean AND baby blue ! A week later at 151,000 check engine light came on yesterday. Ends up being a catalytic converter. I almost cried. Can’t afford the $800 - $900 I was quoted and can’t pass inspection.
    Quin likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

so reading through the comments it sounds like they solved the pcv problems with the second generation. must of stopped using plastic and rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNatte View Post
    Ha, a GM product without problems...no that's a laugh. The Cruze 1st gens are notorious for oil leaks because of poor quality seals as well as cheap plastic parts, etc. Noxious smells and really obnoxious heater coil problems will keep you entertained as well. As Scotty says...Run...from GM cars.
    I’ve had GM my whole life with the exception of a Ford ranger because as an electrician I just needed a truck and couldn’t afford anything else, time sensitive.

I’ve had a 98 Buick Regal gs in 2008 I beat the living **** out of, only ever had a abs control module and the doc never lit after I swapped the computer for better shift points, 2 98 blazers back to back in 2011-2012 with common front end issues and each had a window that wouldn’t work, I had an impala in 2012 that only had a purge valve go put me out maybe 130 bucks, and a battery but cmon, every car has a battery lol. I’ve had my Cruze since 2014 with the most issues out of them all with a negative battery cable, BCM circuit blew, trunk switch, heated seat heater went, coil pack and 2 sets of plugs in 5 years.

I’ll give you the problematic Cruze, but as you see many guys still love the products even through all its flaws and that has to say something about the product as well, all company’s have their issues, you’re ignorant to think other wise, Ford with transmissions, ram with rot (all over), Toyota with frame rot and tourque converters locking up, Honda has had many paint issues, I could keep going but my point is that these are mass produced machines with many moving and sensitive parts and in every make, in every model you’re are bound to have some issues, inconsistencies, and complaints, especially how EVERY automaker cuts corners and how they’re built to drive cost down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I have/had a few Cruze. How to say it nicely... these cars make me a great mechanic!
    Quin likes this.

2013 2.0t Diesel Wagon - 66k no major issues at all. :-)

That's an evil fate, @[email protected] , so sorry to hear that.
    The car we had before our Cruze (06 BMW) fell to the same.

We ended up buying the cat for about $200.00, however all garages that we approached told us that the replacement was like brain surgery, and if it went wrong, it would cost us thousands to put right.
    Needless to say we traded it in. (It's still for sale at the dealer, who knows if they patched it up no problem, or if it ended up costing them the earth!?)

I really hope you manage to replace the cat, 151,000 is not too unusual for them to fail I suppose.
    Massive shame... and it's baby blue!!!!!

I have only had my '18 Cruze for 8500 miles. Only had one small problem needed a new oxygen sensor. The gen 1 cars were very problematic. I have driven Chevy cavaliers for 25 years. The 1985-1995 models were very problematic to me. Seems like after the 1996 models I have not had any problems with them.

20k miles on my 16 Cruze, zero issues. You guys have me worried....

World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I’m devastated . I’ve wanted a Cruze for a while. Don’t know why I just love the car! Finally I was able to afford a 2011, leather moonroof really clean AND baby blue ! A week later at 151,000 check engine light came on yesterday. Ends up being a catalytic converter. I almost cried. Can’t afford the $800 - $900 I was quoted and can’t pass inspection.
    If you were sold a Car you can't legally register you might be able to get your money back or sue the seller?

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    20k miles on my 16 Cruze, zero issues. You guys have me worried....
    Don't worry, they will come )

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)