Load Resistor/Ballast Mounting Recommendations? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Load Resistor/Ballast Mounting Recommendations?

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncfutrell View Post
    On my 17 hatchback, there are separate lights for the brake and turn signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder if there is a way to get that on my sedan. I bought an LED tail light assembly but it requires a separate plug for the turn signal and the brake light
    NoDiggity247 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze Ncfutrell's Avatar

Load Resistor/Ballast Mounting Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrad91 View Post
    I wonder if there is a way to get that on my sedan. I bought an LED tail light assembly but it requires a separate plug for the turn signal and the brake light
    You could cut the turn signal wire, and splice a wire into the ground. Connect the newly spliced ground and newly cut turn signal wire to the correct bulb socket, and you are golden.

Update!!!!!

Solved the mounting issues with the front. Take a pic when I have it mounted.

I cut a 4x3.5 square/rectangle (lol) marked the holes for the two resistors, drilled them, grinded the mounting plate into shape. and mounted the resistors: only after extending my wires. I drilled a 5/16” hole in the upper corner for mounting. Will post pics when installed.

Also, I have enough pics to do a how-to for this and for installing eibachs. Will do once I find the time.

Last edited by Ncfutrell; 03-26-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    NoDiggity247 likes this.

Mounted.

NoDiggity247 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Load Resistor/Ballast Mounting Recommendations?

Routed, loomed, spliced. Done deal. Remote mounting the resistors seems to be working well, so far.

I ran the wires beneath the crossmember and into it; the entire length until I reached the air intake snorkel.

The crossmember/support to the right. That is where I ran my wires for the right turn. I ran the two wires where the yellow lines, or green, are. (Or whatever color, I’m color blind.) Hidden.

I came out of the crossmember just beneath the snorkel, and back around to the turn signal. The wire loom you see is where I ran my wires.

All loomed and spliced.

I’m going to tape the extra before the loom and you’ll never see my wiring again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Between the two of you, you could write up a nice How-To to add to our collection

How-To: Write a Tutorial

Anyway, hope that helps. I’ll write a how-to if someone doesn’t beat me to it. I’ll try to find the time tonight; if not, then I’ll do my best to produce one by tomorrow night.

Last edited by Ncfutrell; 03-26-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    NoDiggity247 likes this.

Driver's Ed
    Thats awesome how you wired the resistors for the front led turn signals
    NoDiggity247 likes this.

Driver's Ed
    You could cut the turn signal wire, and splice a wire into the ground. Connect the newly spliced ground and newly cut turn signal wire to the correct bulb socket, and you are golden.
    I will have to take another look at the wiring in the back of my sedan and see if the wiring is set up to use one wire as coming from the turn signal and another wire as coming from the brake light. Right now there is one harness to the rear lights that have 3 wires (1 of which is ground). If thats the case, then I should be able to (like you said) cut the wire and make a second plug for the turn signal and connect the ground wires together.
    Ncfutrell likes this.

3rd Gear
    On my 17 hatchback, there are separate lights for the brake and turn signal.

You need to either modify the vehicles wiring, or use converters like a Curt C56196
    Ncfutrell likes this.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    You need to either modify the vehicles wiring, or use converters like a Curt C56196
    Thank you. I was wondering if there was a convertor out there that I could use.

Driver's Ed
    Anyway, hope that helps. I’ll write a how-to if someone doesn’t beat me to it. I’ll try to find the time tonight; if not, then I’ll do my best to produce one by tomorrow night.
    Helps?? This more than helps. This is AMAZING!!THANK YOU for showing the way!!

Sorry I am just getting caught up with everything. This post got some good attention!! NICE!

*I since I have been practicing soldering the last couple days, I think I might as well extend my wires as well. Such a smart move
    *I was about to check the harness inside the body, test the wires and find out which one ran the signal. . . Again, I like your method much better
    FRONT
    *The looms seriously help out with keeping everything clean.
    *I need to find a scrap piece of metal... I may try this if I can find something

REAR
    *Funny thing about the rear setup. I ran across a a Uhaul video that was doing wiring for a trailer and they used the grommets to feed the wires. Duh, a much better approach. I was about to cut the grommet but I like how you did the holes instead.

Driver's Ed
    Also quick question. Do the taillights your Cruze Hatchback have a bulb for the brake light and one for the turn signal. I have the sedan and there is only one bulb for both light function. I'm trying to find a way to separate the light function so that they work with the aftermarket taillights that i got.
    Yeah, there is a separate bulb for everything. I will say that I am VERY happy they went with the amber turn signal instead of the integrated tail/turn red light.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)