2014 Cruze ltz - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2014 Cruze ltz

Plenhart91 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    It never lost oil. I have the old oil in an old 5qrt oil jug and it’s almost full. There was a small leak at the turbo in-feed line going into the oil cooler. when I went over the car. To see if I could see anything obvious. I just know when it got the low oil pressure warning the motor ran really rough. Just really weird how it didn’t throw any codes or any warnings before hand. When I drove it home from the body shop. I moved it when it snowed to plow out my driveway. Never showed any issues. Gm is no help. Talked to the gm senior advisor on the 1800 number he said I really have no options now that the bumper to bumper warranty is out. He said the dealer already got in contact with him and there’s nothing they can do to help. I’m not paying 780.00 for them to take the motor apart when I can buy a used one with less miles for the same price. I think gm has the worst customer service and I will never buy another gm vehicle again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Group B Rally Champion

Sounds to me like you have problems left over from the accident. This started way too soon after picking up the car.

However, it wouldn't surprise me but what some lot jockey at the dealer moved your car with low oil. Good luck proving that.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

Quote Originally Posted by Plenhart91 View Post
    Went and remote started it. So I went ahead and changed filter and the oil. Checked to make sure nothing was stuck or lodged in the filter housing. While putting the new filter in I noticed the car had no coolant and all over under the oil cooler on top of the transmission.
    Everyone is talking about low oil but he said he just changed it. But what about the low coolant? Is there any chance that it overheated and did damage before he attempted to leave. If there was no water it probably didn’t register overheat condition.
    '17 Cruze Hatchback 6 AT in Graphite Metallic
    '12 Cruze Eco 6MT traded with 148,000 mi. and A/C compressor and turbo gone

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Plenhart91 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    That is what I was thinking. I’m just gonna give up with gm and buy a different motor and have a friend put it in. I’m not gonna waste money on test and tear downs. If it’s just gonna cost more and money in the end.

Drag Racing Champion
    Some guy quoted $3500 for new engine installed at the dealer. They wouldn't warranty because he modified.

If you get a used engine. Do due diligence in making sure the motor runs. And is in good shape. Possibly from a wrecked in the rear car. That way you know it was at least driving when it was wrecked.

Driver's Ed
    I bought my daughter the same year/model. She had the small return coolant hose that goes to the overflow bottle fail. Its two pieces where it connect to main coolant hose. The upper piece cracked and allowed car to boil over all the coolant. She pulled over when car started getting warm. Young girl didn’t know that she needed to completely turn car off and temp went down while she was pulled over .
    Well weve chased problems ever since. Missing, CEL, rough idle, dying, hesitation and slow coolant leak.

I replaced coil pack, cam cover gasket, intake, egr hose and o2 sensors. Finally found that the head gasket is gone.

Make sure your engine won’t turn over because its vapor locked!

Good luck!

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by navalavi8or View Post
    I bought my daughter the same year/model. She had the small return coolant hose that goes to the overflow bottle fail. Its two pieces where it connect to main coolant hose. The upper piece cracked and allowed car to boil over all the coolant. She pulled over when car started getting warm. Young girl didn’t know that she needed to completely turn car off and temp went down while she was pulled over .
    Well weve chased problems ever since. Missing, CEL, rough idle, dying, hesitation and slow coolant leak.

I replaced coil pack, cam cover gasket, intake, egr hose and o2 sensors. Finally found that the head gasket is gone.

Make sure your engine won’t turn over because its vapor locked!

Good luck!
    Welcome Aboard!

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Learning about my Cruze
    Pull out all of the spark plugs and then try to turn the motor over. It may have a blown head gasket and have water in the engine. If it turns over have a mechanic look at relplacing your head gasket,and or diagnose the issue. If it does not turn over it may be locked up.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)