Can you Disarm the horn honk when you shut off engine. - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Can you Disarm the horn honk when you shut off engine.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    It introduces new ones such as nonstandardized operation between manufacturers and driver's not knowing how to use the system or remember where the button is in an emergency.

Back during the Toyota unintended acceleration case I remember one lawfirm or consultant conducting interviews with Toyota and Lexus.

And a large percentage of the owners couldn't describe how to shut off the engine while driving down the road, nor could they describe accurately where the ignition button even was.

Even GM hasn't been able to standardize all their pushbutton ignitions. They started with rectangular rocker switches, and switched to multiple shapes of single action pushbuttons. Some of them are completely obscured by the steering wheel, some are above the column centerline, some are below the column...Some are conspicuous and stick out, others intentionally blend into the form of the dash.
    Solutions to yesterday's problems cause today's problems. I 100% agree with you push button start/stop needs to be standardized and as much as I dislike government intervention I think this may be a case where externally enforced standards may be needed. As for the location of the push button - as long as I'm not going to hit it by accident (looking at you Gen 1 Volt) I don't care where it is.
    plano-doug likes this.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    New Silverados it's down by your knee.

The Cobalt thing...That's a comedy of errors, starting with why they switched from the design switch and lock cylinder the ION used. Through to the redesign and the not changing the number, and people carrying 10 tons of crap on their keys, to people breaking law and speeding, drinking and driving, etc....

There was no reason to switch to keyless ignitions because of that, especially when they still didn't bother to fully switch anyway.

I'm over disliking that I had to get keyless access in order to get power/heated seats, and I do like the ability to walk up to my car and push the little button the door and unlock car without having keys in my hand. But that tech was available in 1997 and Id still rather have a key, that way I always know where it's at.
    JoeInMilwaukee and plano-doug like this.

easygoin4 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    I will keep trying to find a solution to the horn honk every time you turn key off
    Thanks everyone

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)