Glare from so much chrome
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glare from so much chrome

CMStover is offline [OP]

Glare from so much chrome

have 5K on my '19 CTD Hatch. Sun has been out in Oregon, and man the amount of interior chrome bits and pieces around dash, vents, everywhere is blinding at times. I know this is in the archives, but wondering if the 19 is just that bad. It would take a lot of time and likely parts would be broken to pull out all the chrome and do something with it. Thinking of tinting the windows may be the first step. ABSOLUTELY need a tint strip at top of windshield.
    any recommendations would be much appreciated, blinded by the light.
    Last edited by CMStover; 05-14-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    groovind likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CMStover View Post
    have 5K on my '19 CTD Hatch. Sun has been out in Oregon, and man the amount of interior chrome bits and pieces around dash, vents, everywhere is blinding at times. I know this is in the archives, but wondering if the 19 is just that bad. It would take a lot of time and likely parts would be broken to pull out all the chrome and do something with it. Thinking of tinting the windows may be the first step. ABSOLUTELY need a tint strip at top of windshield.
    I totally agree with you on that.
    I'm thinking about getting some gaffer tape for that but not done anything yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CMStover View Post
    You can cover the pieces with vinyl, plasti-dip them or paint them. I'll see if there is a how-to to remove them. I tinted mine including the windshield strip and will never go back.

Last edited by Blasirl; 05-14-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    groovind likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    You can cover the pieces with vinyl, plasti-dip them or paint them. I'll see if there is a how-to to remove them. I tinted mine including the windshield strip and will never go back.
    That's awesome to know . Thank you

Formula One Champion
    Here is another.

I would also look at some of the Gen I How-Tos as they will still be relevant for some of the processes.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by groovind View Post
    I totally agree with you on that.
    I'm thinking about getting some gaffer tape for that but not done anything yet.

Gaffers tape is very expensive. Why not try your hand at vinyl.

Hidden Content

Gaffers tape is very expensive. Why not try your hand at vinyl.
    Ok cool I'll look into that then.. thank you

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by groovind View Post
    Ok cool I'll look into that then.. thank you

The gaffers tape is still a good idea. It sticks to just about every thing and the black is fairly matte in appearance. I have a roll at home and might try it out just to see how long it'll last. The only issue is its width.

Hidden Content

The gaffers tape is still a good idea. It sticks to just about every thing and the black is fairly matte in appearance. I have a roll at home and might try it out just to see how long it'll last. The only issue is its width.
    Oh I see. Cool cool .

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Yeah, the chrome strips around the vents in the center console can be quite blinding if I have the sunroof open.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)