To debadge or not to debadge...
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums Ė General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: To debadge or not to debadge...

Scrubbydo1 is online now [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze

I think Iím going to debadge the Cruze and the LT from the rear. Contemplating debadging the Chevy emblem from the rear. Thoughts? Anyone done it, is it adhered or mechanically attaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbydo1 View Post
    I think Iím going to debadge the Cruze and the LT from the rear. Contemplating debadging the Chevy emblem from the rear. Thoughts? Anyone done it, is it adhered or mechanically attaches?

That sounds cool and I'm planning on doing that same thing along with a chrome delete for the front grill in couple weeks (I'll have a weekend off) and leave only the Chevy emblem.

I'll leave the chevy emblem if I were you. Enough to have people wonder if there are not familiar with the model.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Learning about my Cruze Ncfutrell's Avatar

I debadged the rear of mine. Love it, and very easy. I used a heat gun across the letters, and pulled them off as the adhesive heated. I used goo-gone to get rid of the residue left behind, then waxed it. I left the Chevy emblem.
    Pic is off-center lol

groovind likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ncfutrell View Post
    I debadged the rear of mine. Love it, and very easy. I used a heat gun across the letters, and pulled them off as the adhesive heated. I used goo-gone to get rid of the residue left behind, then waxed it. I left the Chevy emblem.
    Pic is off-center lol

That's what I'm planning on doing really nice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Learning about my Cruze
    Iíll post pics later when mine is done. I think all you need is heat gun (on low), fishing line, a couple rags, and Iím going to use brake cleaner instead of the 3M adhesive remover. Unless itís powder coated, brake cleaner wonít harm paint, and is much cheaper.

groovind likes this.

Iíll post pics later when mine is done. I think all you need is heat gun (on low), fishing line, a couple rags, and Iím going to use brake cleaner instead of the 3M adhesive remover. Unless itís powder coated, brake cleaner wonít harm paint, and is much cheaper.

Pretty much on point. When I did mine, my letters came off easily(adhesive tape and lettering) by just pulling with my fingers. Fishing line would make it easier. Canít wait to see it!

groovind likes this.

Learning about my Cruze
    I removed the letters with a heat gun, dental floss and some goo gone. Definitely a cleaner look.
    groovind likes this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT RS Auto Topaz Blue
    ZZP intake, Forge BPV, BNR actuator, BNR tune, Ultra Racing strut bar, Konig Maxxim Winner 17x7, Bilstiens, 35%/25% tint, blacked out trim, sharkfin antenna

1987 Buick Regal Turbo T
    Fully restored, 274ci stroker, 71mm turbo, 10sec sleeper

Learning about my Cruze
    Didnít have time to do this during the afternoon, had to change the oil in the boat quick to splash it, then bring daughter ton Sylvan. Going to do it once I get her in bed. Decided on leaving the Chevy emblem. People still will have no clue what it is, but it reps Chevy. I did order some vinyl to cover the emblem in, going to try that once it arrives, never done it before, but watched a couple videos on it. Hopefully it looks nice (or Iíll just peel it off). Wish me luck.

Ncfutrell likes this.

Didnít have time to do this during the afternoon, had to change the oil in the boat quick to splash it, then bring daughter ton Sylvan. Going to do it once I get her in bed. Decided on leaving the Chevy emblem. People still will have no clue what it is, but it reps Chevy. I did order some vinyl to cover the emblem in, going to try that once it arrives, never done it before, but watched a couple videos on it. Hopefully it looks nice (or Iíll just peel it off). Wish me luck.

Vinyl is easy as well. Be sure to remove any protectant, or contaminates, before wrapping. I wipe my parts down with a degreaser, and wipe again with a clean, dry microfiber cloth. A hair, a spec of dirt: depending on the vinyl color, it will all show through. I use Vvivid mostly as for a brand of vinyls. Lays down well and sticks very well.

Scrubbydo1 likes this.

Learning about my Cruze
    Anyone know how to get rid of the little bit of ghost from the lettering? I think I captured it in a picture, it needs the right light, but you can see it, and you can definitely feel it

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)