lack of acceleration
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lack of acceleration

madmader is online now [OP]
    Driver's Ed

lack of acceleration

ok, I have a 2016 cruze 1.4 turbo, with an auto trans. and about 85K miles on the engine. (133K on the body) At times, and not all the time, and mainly on hills, I swear I have to reach thru the floorboard and kick the throttle body to get the **** thing to accelerate up a hill, and not even a big hill. I just put a new turbo in it about a month ago. It is building up 12.5 PSI under load. but once in a while, on a hill, it will throw a P0299 code, but wont on the next hill. One day it will run perfect, the next day I swear I can't keep the CEL light off. I drive the same exact route everyday... (I have a scangauge 2 installed in the car so I can clear the code right away) not getting any other codes. I replaced the intake & valve cover about 9 months ago. the check valve on the valve cover is NOT leaking. I have not boost leak tested it yet, but I have the tool to do it... Just have not had the time... I tuned it up about the same time I did the intake and valve cover, which was about 20K miles ago... I put 130 miles a day on the car delivering mail. I always run mid-grade gas in it, and put fuel injector cleaner in it on the first of every month. Oil is faithfully changed every 5K miles using dexos certified full synthetic oil... (usually Quakerstate)

any ideas???
    2016 Cruze LT - needed a motor @ 69K Miles (broken piston ring lands) Currently @ 133K
    2008 Grand Cherokee - 170K and still going strong
    2002 S10 4.3 - 143K and going good as good as new
    1985 Harley Sportster 1000 - 17K and an awesome ride....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by madmader View Post
    ok, I have a 2016 cruze 1.4 turbo, with an auto trans. and about 85K miles on the engine. (133K on the body) At times, and not all the time, and mainly on hills, I swear I have to reach thru the floorboard and kick the throttle body to get the **** thing to accelerate up a hill, and not even a big hill.

I just put a new turbo in it about a month ago. It is building up 12.5 PSI under load. but once in a while, on a hill, it will throw a P0299 code, but wont on the next hill. One day it will run perfect, the next day I swear I can't keep the CEL light off. I drive the same exact route everyday... (I have a scangauge 2 installed in the car so I can clear the code right away) not getting any other codes.

I replaced the intake & valve cover about 9 months ago. the check valve on the valve cover is NOT leaking. I have not boost leak tested it yet, but I have the tool to do it... Just have not had the time... I tuned it up about the same time I did the intake and valve cover, which was about 20K miles ago... I put 130 miles a day on the car delivering mail.

I always run mid-grade gas in it, and put fuel injector cleaner in it on the first of every month. Oil is faithfully changed every 5K miles using dexos certified full synthetic oil... (usually Quakerstate)

any ideas???
    You didn't say so I'll ask. Did you check the plugs and coil pack? If not, regap the plugs to be .028 and torque them to 33 ft-lbs. Make sure when you pull the coil pack that you don't rip the boots. If you do, replace them. If it seems too tight to remove, use a bit of dielectric grease on a very small/thin flat tip and rim the boots, loosening them as you go.

Make sure the resister springs are not bound up when you reinstall the coil pack. This alone perked up my almost 80k motor.

Oh yeah, many of us are old so please break up those blocks of dense text to more manageable sizes.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Super Moderator
    Now that it is getting warmer, start using gas other than 87 octane. I typically use 89 octane and have minimal problems.
    Pat T. Patman
    '15 Cruze LT/Limited my DD
    '13 Cruze LT/RS (6-sp) • '14 Cruze LT son's DD
    '12 Cruze Eco • '11 Cruze LS(First Cruze)
    '07 Civic • '02 Olds Alero GLS 4dr 5 spd
    '99 Olds Cutlass
    '96 Beretta, Eagle Summit, 92 Achieva SC (First New Car) and 1957 MGA Father's car I restored.
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)