Reporting LIVE from my Chevy dealer - a step by step account of today's comedy
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Reporting LIVE from my Chevy dealer - a step by step account of today's comedy

thaicruze is offline [OP]
    Banned

Reporting LIVE from my Chevy dealer - a step by step account of today's comedy

I'm sick of posting the problems I've had in the last 12 months with my 2011 Cruze, so here I am again today. Last time was...1 week ago exactly. For the same problem + metal rattling. Brakes.

Alright.. Well.. 12:35pm. waiting for them to get back from lunch.

Another 2011 Cruze that looks just like mine, already for sale in the pre-owned section. Not a good sign.

Last edited by thaicruze; 08-24-2012 at 01:41 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

If the dealer cannot find or fix the problem, have you contacted GM directly? Tried another dealership? Or am i just asking all the questions everyone has asked. I just have never seen you post before.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Banned
    This is my last time trying this dealer. I will ignore it or get another car. It may be that the cruze is simply a POS. Hence the brakes are a POS.

Ok. Well. I'm waiting for someone to go take a drive. 1:20pm.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I looked at your posts, doesn't seem like you have had any major dilemma. Everything has been covered under warranty and it seems like your dealer has done a decent job at getting the job done for you, and at little to no cost. Yes you have had some problems, but that is to be expected from a new car. Little quirks and bugs that need to be worked out. At least the car has not left you stranded on the side of the road.

2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Banned
    Nope. Spoke too soon. Turns out, my patience paid off. Luckily Thailand has great customer service.

So. It's what I read on the Internet. It's noisy calipers. He's fixing it now.

I think his diagnosis is correct.

Banned
    Oh. And it's 1:55pm BTW.

Banned
    1:58pm. He told off a young guy in Thai and he left him to work on it and he's out driving an Aveo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverls View Post
    I looked at your posts, doesn't seem like you have had any major dilemma. Everything has been covered under warranty and it seems like your dealer has done a decent job at getting the job done for you, and at little to no cost. Yes you have had some problems, but that is to be expected from a new car. Little quirks and bugs that need to be worked out. At least the car has not left you stranded on the side of the road.

Yes. That's why I haven't returned it. First issue came within 2 moths of ownership. Then a few things fell off. Now noisy brakes.

Before this I bought a Honda City (like a fit Sedan). It was so cheap I paid cash for it. My first issue came after 5 1/2 years of ownership. They replaced the Ignition Coils. Other than that, for 5 1/2 years it had 0 noises or issues. I just brought it in for oil changes. That's it. And we ran that car really hard for 6 years. 88 horse power. Hard highway commutes every day.

I was expecting at least that or better from a much bigger and expensive car.
    Last edited by thaicruze; 08-24-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    fastdriver likes this.

Banned
    4:09pm

Took it out for a test. Click when braking seemed to have stopped. Rattling still there. took it out twice. still rattling. no change. mechanic put it back up on the lift.

You bought a first year Cruze that's one reason why I waited to buy a 2012 Cruze had mine for about 5 months now ( no problems yet )

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)