What did you do to your Cruze today? - Page 99
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree426Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Cruze today?

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenkeeper View Post
    I was ordering a new valve cover, and talking to the guy in line behind me...he mentioned that a local Jiffy Lube broke his dipstick off at the engine block, he had the tube and pull ring in hand.
    128,200 miles today.

Replaced the Valve Cover, snapped a bolt while I was at it (while torquing it with a torque wrench, 72inlb apparently is too much), canned one of the old bolts (same position), removed broken portion from engine block, installed new cover again. Removing the broken thread portion of the bolt was fun, but luckily I could get a hold of it with some pliers and turn it out.

Old cover with broken bolt and "replacement bolt" removed to new cover.
    IMG_0225.jpg

New cover on, with old bolt in place.
    IMG_0226.jpg

All back together.
    IMG_0227.jpg
    Iamantman likes this.
    Chris

2014 Cruze Eco - Limo-tint (back doors, rear window, & top of windshield), blacked out bowties

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenkeeper View Post
    128,200 miles today.

Replaced the Valve Cover, snapped a bolt while I was at it (while torquing it with a torque wrench, 72inlb apparently is too much), canned one of the old bolts (same position), removed broken portion from engine block, installed new cover again. Removing the broken thread portion of the bolt was fun, but luckily I could get a hold of it with some pliers and turn it out.

Old cover with broken bolt and "replacement bolt" removed to new cover.
    IMG_0225.jpg

New cover on, with old bolt in place.
    IMG_0226.jpg

All back together.
    IMG_0227.jpg
    Went back out, after getting a drink of water, and washed and blacked out the bow ties.
    IMG_0228.jpgIMG_0229.jpg

Next on the "To Do List," fix/remove the air dam, black out the steering wheel bow tie, removing the Toyota dealership plate brackets, and installing one of the AV Chevy brackets from my truck. Probably next weekend.
    Iamantman likes this.
    Chris

2014 Cruze Eco - Limo-tint (back doors, rear window, & top of windshield), blacked out bowties

Touring Champion
    Got the Cruze back today, took advantage of having the day off and the absolutely beautiful weather to swap over to the MSRs and all-seasons since it looks like the next week or two will be in the 60s and 70s.

2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

5th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    Got the Cruze back today, took advantage of having the day off and the absolutely beautiful weather to swap over to the MSRs and all-seasons since it looks like the next week or two will be in the 60s and 70s.
    You had snow tires last week?
    I took the Pirellis off the Saturn 4-5 weeks ago.
    I hate running snows at freeway speeds when it starts getting over 50 degrees out. That rubber was formulated to run cold.
    2017 Cruze LT RS
    2016 Cruze LT with Sun&Sound

Touring Champion
    We just got the car back from the dealer today - been there since last Monday. I wanted to leave the winters on, since those are on the OEM wheels - and thus use the OEM lugs (the MSRs use spline lugs) - in case the dealer had to take the wheels off.

With the constant return to winter that Michigan couldn't get away from - or if not, it would be raining - I wasn't going to swap the tires over. I only changed the Volt over the weekend before last week.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze Bluelight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    You had snow tires last week?
    I took the Pirellis off the Saturn 4-5 weeks ago.
    I hate running snows at freeway speeds when it starts getting over 50 degrees out. That rubber was formulated to run cold.
    I'm in that situation now. Have to run my de-studded winter tires from Minnesota, down to Alabama for two weeks of 80+ weather.
    2014 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4T
    2014 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5T
    2007 Arctic Cat BearCat 570
    2003 Honda Rancher 350

Just had my first scheduled maintenance done on my car Well second if you count the first oil change but this was my first owners manual check up @7500 miles. They put 5w30 dexos in instead of 0w20 though which I questioned. The service writer claimed that was standard operating procedure now. I dunno. I'm through my first two free oil changes so I'll be doing them from here on out and I think I'll probably go back to ow20.

Now just gotta wash all the pollen off this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamantman View Post
    Just had my first scheduled maintenance done on my car Well second if you count the first oil change but this was my first owners manual check up @7500 miles. They put 5w30 dexos in instead of 0w20 though which I questioned. The service writer claimed that was standard operating procedure now. I dunno. I'm through my first two free oil changes so I'll be doing them from here on out and I think I'll probably go back to ow20.

Now just gotta wash all the pollen off this weekend!
    I thought only the Japanese took 0w20, and they burn a little too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Country View Post
    I thought only the Japanese took 0w20, and they burn a little too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    It's possible, I'm not sure. But my oil cap definitely says 0w20 on it and that's what the paperwork for my first oil change from the dealer says as well. Maybe that's just a break in oil? I'm not too sure. I honestly don't think it would make a whole heck of a difference but I just have zero trust in any dealer so I asked the question when I saw that.

Learning about my Cruze Bluelight's Avatar
    Road trip last weekend from Minnesota to Alabama. Stopped at my nephew's place along the way to change the oil.
    Ravenkeeper likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4T
    2014 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5T
    2007 Arctic Cat BearCat 570
    2003 Honda Rancher 350

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)