Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

Tags
cruze today
399K views 2K replies 343 participants last post by  Cruzing12 
#1 ·
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!

#748 · (Edited)
Well, not a topic I wanted to participate in today, but look what happened when attempting to pick my wife up after work today...her coworker parked her Malibu in the passenger front door. This sucks, but I do appreciate that she immediately took responsibility and even started the claim when she got home from work.

Attachments

#749 · (Edited)
her coworker parked her Malibu in the passenger front door.
That looks like a simple door replacement. The reflections in the door look clean at the front and rear seams, and it doesn't look like the RS 'ground effects' piece was touched.

If it were me, I'd just want a same color used door hung on it.

Brim's might have it, they have an undamaged one in 'charcoal' color.
http://www.brimsimport.com/salvage-yard-s/104.htm

#751 ·
Ouch. My 2016 had a finger-width crease in the rocker, about 1/4" deep. Also destroyed the door and fender. And the front bumper had some chips in the paint. Then when I cut the back edge off the door so I could open it without damaging the back door, I found a very shallow dent in the mfg data sticker area of the B pillar.

I paid nearly $2k in paint and body labor to fix the crease and dent and paint the doors, fender and bumper, plus I had to buy a door and fender. There was probably an hour or two of filling and sanding on the bumper before it was painted. Hopefully yours can be fixed for $500-700 and a right color door. Unfortunately I couldn't find a right color door or fender for mine, hence all the paint labor.

#754 ·
Pics please when ya get ‘em bolted on thx

#758 ·
Started working out how to fit all my crap in the car for my road trip. Got a little extra insurance for the road.

Technology Electronic device Auto part

I have a spare tire, but this gives me a second option. Also means I might not have to unload the whole trunk if I have a flat tire.

Reactions: Rivergoer
#759 ·
Into the body shop she went - yesterday

today I am trying to finally get my smoked side markers in, via the body shop - we'll see. I also finished the new harness for my HomeLink and radar detector. I hope to install them before I leave tomorrow for Ohio.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

#761 ·
Nice choice!! Glad to see you got an extended cab, as well.

#762 ·
Not really today, but more of the past few days... Washed and vacuumed it out, packed it for the road trip. Than changed the oil and filter. Probably one of the easiest vehicles I've done an oil change on. Finally, I've put nearly 2000 miles on it in the past two days.

#763 ·
I got the custom BNR tune today. It took a bit longer than normal to arrive because I had to remedy the high knock retard by gapping the spark plugs from 0.028. I set them to 0.0185 and all seems good.
According to the EFILive data log readings for "engine torque actual" (not 100% about the accuracy but the increase in indicative), the base tune was 256-264m torque. Now it's up to 288Nm. It hits 21PSI easily, but it does drop off a lot in high RPM to about 16-17PSI, though that wouldn't be a tune problem as I understand this is normal and the BNR wastegate actuator would fix that. The stock tune log still had the AEM cold air intake kit installed beforehand and got a reading of 224Nm torque. Not sure how much increase that intake makes on it's own. Any ideas about that? Or how accurate those log torque readings are? I guess I'll check the forums :confused:
There is a pretty big difference from the base tune but I will notice it more once I start driving it normally, same as when I got the base tune.

Muz...

#764 ·
Lowered mine this evening. Bilstein B8 front and rear and irshmer springs front and rear. Hard to describe but feels more connected to the road and handles like its on rails. Front and rear feels more tight and responsive.
Best part i did the fronts without spring compressors. Extra jack comes in handy ?

Attachments

#769 · (Edited)
Filled ours up with B20 Biodiesel today...guess we'll see how that changes the fuel economy, if at all. Didn't exactly have a choice...

I think the max I saw on the screen was 102 degrees (but it mostly stayed at 100 degrees - the picture was taken on the freeway, so not just the temp sitting in a driveway)...my god was it hot out.

#771 ·
Apparently, despite the incredibly hot temps on this tank (95-102 degrees), and the AC being on nearly the entire time (including in some city driving), and half the tank being B20, the tank fuel economy went up 0.29 mpg.

I expected B20 to kill the fuel economy, but it sure appears to not have had any ill effect.

#772 ·
I completed a much needed service today. Flushed/ bled brakes and clutch, adjusted rear brakes, changed engine oil with Amsoil ss 5w30, and changed trans fluid with Amsoil synchromesh. While working with the clutch I did the cdv delete as well.

#773 ·
Been a busy couple of weeks. Drove from Louisiana to Alaska, with ample sight seeing along the way. Along the way, I discovered I had a tire that was slowly losing pressure compared to the others. Got home, pulled it off and found a nail that I must have picked up in Louisiana or Arkansas. Took the tire to the tire shop to be looked at, and although the leak wasn't that bad, the nail did a number on the inside, so the tire couldn't be fixed. Ended up with a set of Cooper CS5 Grand Tourings. Also got hooked up with Cooper Weathermasters on my steel winter rims. Also ended up walking out with a set of new tires for my pickup, so the tire shop was very happy with me. Not really related to the Cruze, but keeping me away, is I've been settling into a new laptop.

#777 ·
Mine spent the day at the shop too. FINALLY got my spoiler installed. Also had it winterized. Heat pads installed for the oil pan, transmission pan and battery, and coolant remixed for freeze protection down to -50. Nitrogen in the tires, and an extension cord sticking out under the front bumper. I'm ready, but not in a hurry for winter to get here.

Reactions: txcruze26