What did you do to your Cruze today?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 103 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree426Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Cruze today?

Daryl is offline [OP]

Haven't seen a topic like this on here yet, but if this is in the wrong place mods feel free to move it please.

Anyhow to stick with the topic I did my first AMSOIL oil change today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Resident Forum Drunkard
    I Whipped IT , Whipped IT GooD ! ITLoves a Good Whipping on Tuesdays , Especially when those pessky school busses have to slow down to a crawl at 4 PM rush hour traffic ..
    Starks8 and dhpnet like this.
    Enduring ,Veteran Retired . Over 90 Jumps ..when you get to stop counting .

Knuckle Buster . !!!

Hidden Content . Lost , But Not Forgotten .

So Live your Life that the fear of Death can never enter your Heart .

Jan.2015 - MOTM - Feb /19/2011to 4/24/2015 cruzen , IT
    4/24/2015 Mustang.
    If you cannot Respect your Elders than Maybe you will learn to Respect your Betters ! this will save your Life when you think that you are just Grown enough to Take upon yourself to Bully another more mature MAN .

I build Cars and I have Surfed the Mavericks !

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Haven't seen a topic like this on here yet, but if this is in the wrong place mods feel free to move it please.

Anyhow to stick with the topic I did my first AMSOIL oil change today.
    Hey Daryl how much did that oil cost you and how much quarts does the car take? Also how many miles between oil changes? I heard Amsoil goes longer? True? Is it an easy car for oil changes to do yourself?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Cruze View Post
    Hey Daryl how much did that oil cost you and how much quarts does the car take? Also how many miles between oil changes? I heard Amsoil goes longer? True? Is it an easy car for oil changes to do yourself?
    Here is the Amsoil info https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-en...on-fluids.html

PM Xtreme so he can tell you his prices as he doesn't advertise those prices outside of a PM or FB message.

I'll possibly wash the car today or at least vacuum and wipe the insides down.

p.s. if we find a thread similar, let us know and we'll just merge the 2.
    Daryl and Mo Cruze like this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Group B Rally Champion
    Off topic but related to oil changes. All my oil changes have been done at the dealer, even though I've had 6 wix filters sitting on the self in my garage. Decided at 3500miles to spin off the filter and swap in a new one just to see how well it was holding up. I wasn't planning on using that new gasket but when I went to reinstall I noticed the gasket was so stretched it was sticking out of its groove significantly on once side.

Swapped on the new filter lid gasket, it had a nice tight fit. Got to thinking, my previous car 2.2 ecotec with similar filter only the aftermarket filters came with a new gasket, the AC delco ones did not. Is my dealer not changing this? Does the Cruze AC delco filter not come with a new gasket? As loose an worn as the one was on my car it certainly didn't look like it was ever changed, and I'm surprised it had not started leaking.

Banned

Opened the hood, checked all the fluids, all are good, so just drove it. Took all about five seconds, oil is still clean and at the full mark.

Thought about cleaning off the insects, but figure I will wait until I get a couple more, same amount of work.

Lyrical Wordsmith
    Today I logged in and thought about my Cruze.

Off-Road Champion
    Yesterday we had rain and more rain. Today will be wash and detail time.

Sent with iLove
    NYCruze2012 likes this.
    Tell your papa you'll be home when the good feelin' dies.

Epic Beard Man

Not today, but yesterday morning. She liked what she had behind her:

Sold 06/2017: 2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012!
    Some fun things, Hidden Content , RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Korean sunglasses holder
    Hidden Content

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by spacedout View Post
    Off topic but related to oil changes. All my oil changes have been done at the dealer, even though I've had 6 wix filters sitting on the self in my garage. Decided at 3500miles to spin off the filter and swap in a new one just to see how well it was holding up. I wasn't planning on using that new gasket but when I went to reinstall I noticed the gasket was so stretched it was sticking out of its groove significantly on once side.

Swapped on the new filter lid gasket, it had a nice tight fit. Got to thinking, my previous car 2.2 ecotec with similar filter only the aftermarket filters came with a new gasket, the AC delco ones did not. Is my dealer not changing this? Does the Cruze AC delco filter not come with a new gasket? As loose an worn as the one was on my car it certainly didn't look like it was ever changed, and I'm surprised it had not started leaking.
    On rockauto site one of the filters did come with it and one didn't. As for dealership, they should have plenty in stock. If they did not change it, that's poor service practice. Best bet would be to ask XR what his looked like when he swaps it out between the extended oil changes.

I got lazy and went to the car wash. I get another wash in on Monday with the package I picked. The windows should be good and clean by then. I need to get in and reposition the ATS horns. They seem to be louder than OEM and the pair on the Escalade causing stuff to rattle. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 103 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)