newbie here, wanted help from some of you veterans please
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie here, wanted help from some of you veterans please

Roddog is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

newbie here, wanted help from some of you veterans please

just bought new 2012 eco boost, loving the gas mileage but having 2nd thoughts on not getting leather and nav which i love, some people have told me aftermarket nav(which i planned on getting) may or may not void regular and extended warranty, dealer said i could maybe trade it and possibly upgrade, not sure if you can get eco with leather or mainly nav, not really sure of the difference in eco compared to regular 1.4, car was kind of an impulse by, i was almost going to get the new fusion but traded in a g35 and just like driving smaller cars, any thoughts would be really appreciated?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Get a reputable upholsterynsh to put leather onto your existing seats; get an aftermarket (Garmin, Tom Tom, etc) unit and save tons of money, and functionally have what you want/need.

Retired Moderator

Agreed, get a car interior shop to do the leather. An aftermarket GPS that simply sits on the dash won't void the warranty one bit. A touchscreen that will replace the stock radio won't either. Be careful upgrading the stock radio, as there are a lot of awful installers out there who hack up wiring. With all the data buses running all over the car, I'd want somebody experienced doing the install, or do it myself.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco Hidden Content
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Roddog is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    i bought and tried out the garmin, thing was 400 but i dont want to worry about getting broken into and stolen so will prob return and use my phone for now, i can look into aftermarket leather, does the leather in the cruze have a bad rep or something, man i already miss the g35 but i sure like the new gas mileage)

Roddog is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    thinks, i have a good shop in arlington texas, looking at about 1500 for great kenwood or sony system with backup and forward cameras, just dont want to fight with the aftermarket warranty people down the road on any electrical issues

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)