Pleasure Cruze Build - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pleasure Cruze Build

InsideMan is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze
    Hey Moderators, am I able to change the title to this thread?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    Got the parts cleared. I'll let them set for a good twenty four hours before I wet sand.

I love this clear if a have to can spray. Lays out nice and flat, excellent patern and pretty sticky.

Could probably get away with no wet sanding but I'm picky as **** and want it to be a mirror finish and the fact that one of the kids opened the garage door just as I was finishing the last coat so there is a little dirt. Sprayed extra coat of clear just to be on the safe side with sanding.

On to the pics

Merc6 and Jacque8080 like this.

Learning about my Cruze
    Well...... Got most of the painted parts installed. Seems the silver trim piece I bought won't install on my steering wheel. The wheels that came with this trim piece is different. My fault for assuming and not researching.

Looks like I'll be going with the original plan and doing a steering wheel swap to a Sonic RS wheel and using my radio and cruise control button assemblies. I'll paint the silver trim piece on that.

For those of you that want this trim piece just PM me. I bought it from gmpartsdirect and want to get what I payed for it shipping included. With all the paint work already done your still coming out ahead.

Anyways, on to the pics.... Please excuse the finger prints on the parts, I have yet to wipe them down. I have to wipe everything down and vacuum now that this mission is a wrap.

Last edited by InsideMan; 11-05-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    chevrasaki, Rivergoer and Taxman like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    More research has found that I have to use my Cruze radio and cruise control button assemblies on the new wheel which is fine being that the Sonic and cruse assemblies are the same shape.

To my understanding you have to keep the Cruze buttons with the Cruze and the Sonic buttons with the Sonic or the car will not communicate with them. Good, it will save me money.

After pricing the wheel out from the sounds of the way they describe the Sonic Steering Wheel trim piece that the trim comes with the Sonic wheel however, it doesn't say anything about that on the description of the wheel itself. Ill have to call them tomorrow to find out.

Pretty nice price for the wheel though.

Last edited by InsideMan; 11-05-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Learning about my Cruze
    Ordered the Sonic RS Steering wheel today from gmpartsdirect. They were no help on info for being able to tell me if the silver plastic trim piece came with the wheel or not. I just ordered the wheel and will be on stand-by until it comes in. Ill be painting the silver trim on that piece as well as the speaker rings before install.

They have a sale for veterans at the moment. It offset the price of shipping so that was a plus.

After some more research I've come to the conclusion on the tune. When the time is right I'll be going with BNR.

Ill be welding a bung onto my factory down pipe just to get my A/F gauge hooked up until I get my tune and other parts installed. I'll be putting the factory DP up for sale here afterwords for those who don't want to give up the DP with catalytic converter on it yet still want an A/F gauge hooked up.

Oh yea, I ordered up some Weathertech front and rear floor mats. Will be getting the trunk mat at a later time to cover up the god forsaken one that's back there now.

Ill post some pics of unboxing and installing the new wheel
    untill then........
    Last edited by InsideMan; 11-06-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Learning about my Cruze
    Thanks to the Moderators for changing the title to this thread. One of these days I owe you a beer.
    chevrasaki likes this.

Learning about my Cruze
    Hmmm!?

Learning about my Cruze
    Recieved the WeatherTech floor mats today.

Also, working on getting measurements for the brackets on the sonic RS seats. If those don't work, I will look into the sonic seats being mounted on my brackets.

Just from I visual everything looks to be the same design, just different seat foam and materials. I haven't been able to get a visual on a power seat from the sonic yet to see what the plugs look like for the power seat and air bags.
    Last edited by InsideMan; 11-07-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Sorry didn't catch this thread earlier. You can't add anything to your wheel from GM Parts Direct. You pretty much have to by a leather wrapped wheel (from Cruze/Sonic/Camaro/SS or whatever has the same shaped airbag) in which you did. The area of that wheel was intended for the base model LS Cruze so all it does is house an airbag and buttons. There is a piece on ebay that double sided tape over it but it's cheap for a reason. There is a need to modify the buttons from the cruze to be accepted by the RS Sonic wheel. 1 or more of the tabs needed to modified/removed. Trying to remember the thread if it exists. Either way the Cruze cruise button is an actual on/off rocker switch where Sonic it's just another button. Your best bet on wheel removal is to NOT USE hand tools. Use/borrow an impact and be done with it. Some folks had horrible luck trying to do this by hand.
    anthonysmith93 and InsideMan like this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze
    I appreciate the info. The wheel shouldn't be a problem. I have an impact but I've been successful with my other vehicles and resto's that I've done in the past and was hoping not to have to break that out. With that kind of bit it makes things sketchy.

I did a lot of research on that Sonic wheel and was pretty confident that it was going to be streight forward so I went ahead and ordered it up. I don't want to get too crazy being that this is my everyday ride so......

Still working on on getting some info on the Sonic RS seats over at one of the Sonic forums.
    Im surprised at the comparison of the interiors of the Sonic and Cruze. Seems like they put more into the Sonic. I'll take the dash any day in the Cruze and the seats are nice but IMO for the RS model, the Sonic is a little nicer.

Opinions?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)