Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs) - Page 10
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs)

TheCruzen is online now [OP]
    After swapping out all 4 of the new coils for the stock ones, there is a noticeable difference in performance but no stumble anymore. Further diagnosis is required (trying each coil individually until I find out which one is defective) before I can contact the seller and let them know about the problem. I could message them now, but I want to see how many are bad first
    Somewhere an Equinox is missing its "N".....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Messaged the seller of the high-voltage coils about the defective one, they responded with a tracking number for the replacement coil with no questions asked.

Next task on the list is finding and fixing the leak in the ac system and getting it filled before Power Tour (June 6). Oh, and I have to patch a hole in the cowl from clearancing for the buick wiper motor.

EDIT: Just ordered a pair of (used) aftermarket headlights and plan to put a tube through the passenger high beam for maximum cold air intakeness
    s-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 05-26-2019 at 02:18 AM.

Touring Champion
    Sounds like a neat idea - reminiscent of the old-school way to do it (or the Challenger Scat Pack/Hellcat/Demon way), but it also sounds like asking for trouble in regards to sealing it to the lens.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

@MP81 I've got a roll of butyl stuff that i've used to seal headlights before. I plan to cut the hole in the lens the same as the inner diameter of the tube and use the end of the tube against the lens to seal that part, then epoxy the rear part of the housing to the tube.

Touring Champion
    It may actually be beneficial to cut the hole smaller, then heat it up and form it inwards so you have sealing on two surfaces rather than one - it would also make the sealing butyl less apparent, and would be a cleaner air entry into the lens.
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

@MP81 Not sure how well the lens will react to heat and it would reduce the already small tube diameter as I PLAN to use a tube that fits inside the light ring

Headlights arrived today, high-beam reflector is larger than I thought. Should be able to put the tube through the inside of the led halo. Need to do some actual measuring and find the set of bigger hole saws at work before I can do anything else.

On the subject of the high-voltage coils, the seller sent me not just a single replacement coil, but an entire set! Don't even have to send the other ones back.

Touring Champion
    That will look cool as **** with the halo around the intake tube. Are you using clear plastic for the tube? The halo refracting through that would look awesome.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Modification of the headlight has begun

20190602_203050_1559522096179.jpg

I do plan to use a clear tube

EDIT: Hooked the leds on the headlight up to power just to see what they look like, running lights look ok but the halos are the old illuminated only at the ends of the hoop type and they're kinda craptastic looking.
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 06-02-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Ordered a 3" clear polycarbonate tube for the headlight project, may even be ready by power tour if im lucky (we leave Friday morning)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)