Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs) - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs)

TheCruzen is online now [OP]
    Looking for people in my area of michigan (Detroit/flint) that are interested in seeing Cruzen2.0 or know of any existing meets in that area. Just want to meet people that would be interested in the car, bonus if it's other cruze owners.

EDIT: I do not use Facebook and dont want to, so i am asking here instead
    Somewhere an Equinox is missing its "N".....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    I mean, there's always Woodward. There's a 1.4T Cruze that runs around without a hood and with an open downpipe. It's rather hilarious.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

A brief update on the state of Cruzen 2.0

Dropped off at a local dealer Monday to have the BCM (that I damaged) replaced. Tech installed the new module but couldn't get the car to start, Friday he chased it down to the key not being seen by the BCM via the NFC receiver that reads the key fob if its dead or to program a new one to the car. The dealer ordered a new receiver module and it should be in this coming Monday.

I had a talk with the tech about how he had determined what the problem was just to make sure one of my numerous mods wasn't the problem. The highlights are that he made sure all the various computers/modules were communicating, then tried a brand new key and still the BCM wouldn't see it.

As an aside, I was prepared for the cost of this venture, not so much how long it would take! I've been told I'm like someone who's kid is in the hospital, I know its not fatal but I still worry and I want my baby back!

Oh well, nothing to do but wait for news from the dealer.

EDIT: I chose to do this now because I want to get a tune for the thing and the dealer wouldn't work on it if I had tuned it. This means if I wanted the problems fixed then I would have to try the BCM replacement before any tuning. And I really want (as an example) the 370hp (peak) from a BNR tune!
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 03-30-2019 at 02:38 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    They wouldn't work on it if it was tuned...but yet they work on a car that is more Verano than Cruze? That's pretty funny.

Also seems odd, the tune shouldn't affect the BCM in the least.

That said - the 2.0T is definitely down to produce that much power. I know the LNFs with the Trifecta tune in the Cobalts made 350HP easy.
    HatchLifeRS likes this.
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

The dealer I took it to is known for working on all stock swap cars, like a v8 swapped g8 with all factory components. I just didn't want to risk them refusing to do the work if their system flagged a tune in the ecu.

Also, the Verano is de-tuned from the factory so it's not a direct competitor with the regal with the same engine. GM has done similar things in the past, the more expensive one usually has more power even with the same engine.
    2011–2013 Buick Regal GS 270 hp (200 kW)[7] 295 ft⋅lb (400 N⋅m) @ 2400 rpm
    2013–2016 Buick Verano Turbo[8] 250 hp (190 kW) @ 5300 rpm 260 ft⋅lb (353 N⋅m) @ 2000 rpm
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 03-31-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Formula One Champion
    Fingers crossed!
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCruzen View Post
    The dealer I took it to is known for working on all stock swap cars, like a v8 swapped g8 with all factory components. I just didn't want to risk them refusing to do the work if their system flagged a tune in the ecu.

Also, the Verano is de-tuned from the factory so it's not a direct competitor with the regal with the same engine. GM has done similar things in the past, the more expensive one usually has more power even with the same engine.
    2011–2013 Buick Regal GS 270 hp (200 kW)[7] 295 ft⋅lb (400 N⋅m) @ 2400 rpm
    2013–2016 Buick Verano Turbo[8] 250 hp (190 kW) @ 5300 rpm 260 ft⋅lb (353 N⋅m) @ 2000 rpm
    Based on the torque peaks being in a different location, I wonder if a couple other things are changed besides the tune.

But otherwise, it should be basically the exact same engine itself - throttle body to turbo - but anything before or after might be different enough to shift the torque curve.

Either way - it's a 2.0T - it'll make assloads of power. Did you retain the ethanol mix sensor?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

@MP81 Verano was not a flex fuel vehicle, I have one to install on it though

Touring Champion
    Odd, because it uses the LHU, which is the flex-fuel version of the LDK. Interesting...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

@MP81 Same story as with the cruze 1.4t, maps are in the ecu but just doesn't use them or have the sensor

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)