Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs) - Page 6
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs)

Touring Champion
    Gotcha, so you just need to add the sensor.

I need to look into what is required to do this on my Cobalt. Dealing with E85 blend changes as it transitions into summer blend is a major pain in the ass, as it's extremely sensitive.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Nice ones 😎

TheCruzen is online now [OP]
    Got the car back today, went down to woodward after work and found some car meets.
    Now just need to find the cruze people!

Tune incoming......

EDIT: BNR Tune and f40 short shifter purchased
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 04-06-2019 at 12:48 AM.
    Somewhere an Equinox is missing its "N".....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    Doesn't surprise me that people are already out there, haha.

Back when I still lived in Royal Oak, I'd be one of those people.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCruzen View Post
    A brief update on the state of Cruzen 2.0

Dropped off at a local dealer Monday to have the BCM (that I damaged) replaced. Tech installed the new module but couldn't get the car to start, Friday he chased it down to the key not being seen by the BCM via the NFC receiver that reads the key fob if its dead or to program a new one to the car. The dealer ordered a new receiver module and it should be in this coming Monday.

I had a talk with the tech about how he had determined what the problem was just to make sure one of my numerous mods wasn't the problem. The highlights are that he made sure all the various computers/modules were communicating, then tried a brand new key and still the BCM wouldn't see it.

As an aside, I was prepared for the cost of this venture, not so much how long it would take! I've been told I'm like someone who's kid is in the hospital, I know its not fatal but I still worry and I want my baby back!

Oh well, nothing to do but wait for news from the dealer.

EDIT: I chose to do this now because I want to get a tune for the thing and the dealer wouldn't work on it if I had tuned it. This means if I wanted the problems fixed then I would have to try the BCM replacement before any tuning. And I really want (as an example) the 370hp (peak) from a BNR tune!
    Did you by any chance keepp track of your expenditures...or is this a labor of love?

Would be interesting to know if this endeavor is cost effective or not.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

@Blasirl I need to go back through and make sure its all documented but I have kept track and even with my messups its still about $10k

EDIT: Here are the costs after going over the numbers

$10.5k for the base completed vehicle w/ tune
    $11k incl winter wheels & tires
    add $600 for spare trans
    $12.5 Including winter tires, spare trans, and all wasted or unused parts
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 04-07-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCruzen View Post
    @Blasirl I need to go back through and make sure its all documented but I have kept track and even with my messups its still about $10k

EDIT: Here are the costs after going over the numbers

$10.5k for the base completed vehicle w/ tune
    $11k incl winter wheels & tires
    add $600 for spare trans
    $12.5 Including winter tires, spare trans, and all wasted or unused parts
    So, the two wrecked vehicles, parts etc, not including your Labor...$12.5k, not bad if you consider the journey part of your education or possibly therapy.

Rough idea of time put into it?

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

@Blasirl Probably something like 20+ 8hr days, just guessing though. That also includes fabricating custom exhaust (3 times), fixing things I broke, and installing aftermarket components that weren't necessary to the function of the vehicle.

Formula One Champion
    So being generous, add $1000 in labor for a grand total of $13.5k.

Hidden Content

@Blasirl I'd say more like $14k if you were to pay someone else to do the swap including the cost of the 2 cars. Keeping in mind that number is for a MT swap, an auto would be cheaper and easier to find a verano to sacrifice.
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 04-09-2019 at 12:02 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)