Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs)
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs)

TheCruzen is online now [OP]

Cruzen2.0 - Part 2 (Gradual Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs)

This Thread will be documenting the more gradual work being done to the car that comes as a result of it being a daly driver.

Quote from 8/28/18:
    "Additional torque mount to combat flop in stock Buick mounts. It's not pretty, the welds are absolutely atrocious (just the body side mount), but it ain't coming off on its own. The link was about $9 on ebay and the brackets were thrown together with stuff I had on hand."
    Looks like I might add 2 more to the top of the trans and stiffen up the front trans mount, still too much movement for me even after this mod and filling in the voids in the rear trans mount.
    20180826_161122.jpg 20180826_161129.jpg 20180826_161145.jpg 20180826_161155.jpg 20180826_161208.jpg

Changed to solid rear trans mount, later changed to a filled in stock mount due to excessive NVH. While I had the exhaust off to get to the mount, I took the following videos. To those asking, YES, the second vid is 100% stock Verano exhaust.
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 12-14-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    HatchLifeRS likes this.
    Somewhere an Equinox is missing its "N".....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Installed a full set of ECO springs on the Verano suspension to bring it down a bit, it looks better to me. Maybe I'll try to dig up some comparison shots, Ido at least have the initial measurements and just have to find a bit of flat level ground to get new ones.

Then the inevitable exhaust modification utilising an electric cutout to bypass the main muffler to the left exhaust outlet.

Aftermarket auxiliary driving lights installed (changing to more focused amber lights soon) At the same time I added a block off for the lower grill to help get the car warmed up a bit faster in the winter.
    20181117_175313.jpg 20181118_153238.jpg 20181123_215117.jpg

I am planning on a custom 3" exhaust that will start with a 3" flex, get rid of the secondary cat, go through a 3" glasspack as a resonator, then run to the back to go through 2 quiet 2.5" mufflers, exit on the drivers side only, and have an electric cutout to bypass the two mufflers and still go through the resonator to hopefully limit drone to a reasonable/tolerable level.

In the spring I plan to have the damaged BCM replaced and then get a tune from BNR (in that order just to avoid complications), fingers crossed they will help me get this beast running E85. As a note, the 2013 Verano lists a flex fuel sensor, but it would seem that none of the 2.0T Veranos shipped with flex fuel capabilities.
    Last edited by TheCruzen; 12-14-2018 at 08:35 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Changed lights for brighter amber ones
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cutout was stuck, hitting the floor, and turned out to be seized. Cut out the main muffler and the passenger side outlet, then connected the drivers side outlet directly to the front exhaust section via a custom made (read beaten into shape) connector pipe. Its louder than I want but it doesn't hit the floor anymore and I hope to solve the volume issue when I get the 3" put together.

Last edited by TheCruzen; 12-24-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Took some measurements and did some math, have a basic idea of what I need to do a 3 inch to cutout and 2.5 inch mufflers exhaust system. To say that another way, it will be 3 inch for the most part then the cutout at which point the rest of the exhaust will reduce to 2.5 inch and be (hopefully) dead quiet. Not sure when I'll click the button, but at least I will have a good idea of what I need

Formula One Champion
    Are you going three inch because that is what most V8's have? From everything I have read, you only need the diameter at the Turbo exit or maybe 1/4" more in diameter to counteract the bends.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

@Blasirl The dump pipe, primary cat and inlet to secondary cat are all factory 3"

Formula One Champion
    Interesting
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Touring Champion
    3" is pretty common for up-sized turbo piping for an I4. The OEM Cobalt SS/TC exhaust, which I run on my Cobalt, is 2.5" all the way back.

Dual 3" exhaust is overkill even on most V8s, unless you're getting into the over-500 HP range.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)