2017 Cruze LED taillights - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2017 Cruze LED taillights

Learning about my Cruze Celdwist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrad91 View Post

I've always wanted to upgrade from the stock tail lights but couldn't find ones that I liked. I found these and loved the fact that they are completely led but when I got them I noticed that some of the plugs won't work. I was holding off on returning them until I did further research and posted on the forum to get more information to see how I would wire these lights. I believe that the convertor someone mentioned (Curt C56196) should help in isolating the turn signal from the brake light, and thus making all the functions of the new lights work.
    Same here. I’ve been searching since 2016, but when I found these I instantly wanted them. You guys make me want to order them so I can make the work again 🙂. And what converter were you referring to? I didn’t know they made those!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdwist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrad91 View Post

I've always wanted to upgrade from the stock tail lights but couldn't find ones that I liked. I found these and loved the fact that they are completely led but when I got them I noticed that some of the plugs won't work. I was holding off on returning them until I did further research and posted on the forum to get more information to see how I would wire these lights. I believe that the convertor someone mentioned (Curt C56196) should help in isolating the turn signal from the brake light, and thus making all the functions of the new lights work.
    Same here. I’ve been searching since 2016, but when I found these I instantly wanted them. You guys make me want to order them so I can make the work again 🙂. And what converter were you referring to? I didn’t know they made those!
    Here is the link to the convertor. This should separate the turn signal from the brake light so that you can wire them separately.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...rt/C56196.html

Driver's Ed
    Hey guys - did anyone end up getting these installed and working properly? I just received my shipment and am taking them into a shop tomorrow to get installed on my '16. I'm kind of nervous about it because they're only charging me $75 to do it. Not sure they really know all it entails. Let me know if anyone was successful at getting them installed. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    You using a reputable shop in your area?
    Someone that does custom type installs should have no issues doing this.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzen18 View Post
    You using a reputable shop in your area?
    Someone that does custom type installs should have no issues doing this.
    Yes they're well established. I dropped the car off this morning. He just sent me a text saying they got 1 side working but there's extra wiring on the other one and he's not sure. Any ideas? I suggested it might be a jumper needed for the DRL that is on all the time.

Driver's Ed
    Well they worked on them for about 2 hours trying to figure out the wiring and couldn't get it to work. So it's a no go.

Driver's Ed
    Hey all. - so after numerous messaging back and forth with the company I bought these off of I did the install today. Took about 5 hours and they look absolutely beautiful!! Chevy definitely needs to make the OEM.

Learning about my Cruze Celdwist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBSoup32 View Post
    Hey all. - so after numerous messaging back and forth with the company I bought these off of I did the install today. Took about 5 hours and they look absolutely beautiful!! Chevy definitely needs to make the OEM.
    They fully work? Even the turn signals? I need to get mine again!

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by BBSoup32 View Post
    Congrats! You do a video and step by step of the process? If so; let us see.

Also; post some pictures when you can to show them off.

Driver's Ed
    I didn't do a video because in all honestly I wasn't completely confident I could get it done. I had a local shop quote me $300. I had a free day Saturday and just decided to give it a try. I'm pretty knowledgeable about wiring and circuitry so once I got into it, I found it pretty straight forward. Here's a pic of the taillights and a diagram showing what does what

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)