2017 Cruze LED taillights
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2017 Cruze LED taillights

Driver's Ed

2017 Cruze LED taillights

Hello. I want to be able to upgrade my taillights to aftermarket LED ones I found (picture attached) the problem is that it needs a separate plug for the turn signal and one for the brake light. My car only has one plug for both the brake light and turn signal,something I don't really care for. Does anyone know of a way that we can wire these lights so that the turn signal is separate from the brake light? My dad and I can do the wiring but I'm not sure if there is a modification we need to do with the way the current lights are wired. And help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrad91 View Post
    Hello. I want to be able to upgrade my taillights to aftermarket LED ones I found (picture attached) the problem is that it needs a separate plug for the turn signal and one for the brake light. My car only has one plug for both the brake light and turn signal,something I don't really care for. Does anyone know of a way that we can wire these lights so that the turn signal is separate from the brake light? My dad and I can do the wiring but I'm not sure if there is a modification we need to do with the way the current lights are wired. And help is appreciated.
    Welcome Aboard!

You need to have a few more posts under your belt before you can upload pic's but you might be able to copy the image address and select the picture icon, 3rd from the left of the smiley, then select from URL, uncheck the check box and paste that URL in the box and hit OK.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Driver's Ed

These are the lights that I want to be able to install on my Cruze

cruze 1.jpg

cruze 3.jpg

cruze 2.jpg
    Cruzen18 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    Did you pull the trigger on these lights?

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzen18 View Post
    Did you pull the trigger on these lights?
    I did get them. Someone has suggested that I look at getting the Curt C56196 Tail Light Converter. Usually this is use for vehicle to vehicle towing but others had suggested this could be use for the purpose that I need to make these lights work.

Learning about my Cruze Celdwist's Avatar
    I did get them. Someone has suggested that I look at getting the Curt C56196 Tail Light Converter. Usually this is use for vehicle to vehicle towing but others had suggested this could be use for the purpose that I need to make these lights work.
    Ah! I did get these as well! Check out my one post about these taillights. Basically its kinda odd. These taillights were designed for the Chinese model of the Cruze. If you notice on the white spot on your factory taillight, there is no bulb in there. Not the reverse light the on next to it. However on the Chinese model, there is a dedicated turn signal light. The other plugs are a little different and when I tried to install them not all of them fit properly. And since there is a turn signal light, there was an extra plug.
    DSC_1031.jpg
    Here is my taillight and here is the Chinese version. You could possible rewire the taillights to work but not all of the features will work.
    s-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by Celdwist; 03-27-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    chrisbrad91 likes this.

Here's what they look like on and the wiring. Like I said not all of the plugs fit. When you receive them, you'll see what I am talking about. But there might be a way to rewire them to work.
    IMG-3731.jpgIMG-3611.jpgIMG-3614.JPG
    Cruzen18 and chrisbrad91 like this.

3rd Gear
    Ebay find?

So, after having made the conversion; would you do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzen18 View Post
    Ebay find?

So, after having made the conversion; would you do it again?

Well I actually returned them and got a refund. To be honest, I did realized afterwards that I could have spliced the wires. I do have plenty of documentation I made so I know how exactly they plug and what works and doesn't. It shouldn't be too hard. The only problems that I can think of is the day time running lights and brake lights. I had trouble with running at the same time constantly.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdwist View Post
    Ah! I did get these as well! Check out my one post about these taillights. Basically its kinda odd. These taillights were designed for the Chinese model of the Cruze. If you notice on the white spot on your factory taillight, there is no bulb in there. Not the reverse light the on next to it. However on the Chinese model, there is a dedicated turn signal light. The other plugs are a little different and when I tried to install them not all of them fit properly. And since there is a turn signal light, there was an extra plug.

Here is my taillight and here is the Chinese version. You could possible rewire the taillights to work but not all of the features will work.
    I've always wanted to upgrade from the stock tail lights but couldn't find ones that I liked. I found these and loved the fact that they are completely led but when I got them I noticed that some of the plugs won't work. I was holding off on returning them until I did further research and posted on the forum to get more information to see how I would wire these lights. I believe that the convertor someone mentioned (Curt C56196) should help in isolating the turn signal from the brake light, and thus making all the functions of the new lights work.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)