DrGubi’s Build
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: DrGubi’s Build

drgubi is online now [OP]

DrGubi’s Build

Figured I’d make one of these since I intend on modifying the car a good deal in coming months (I’m having fun now before I start a new job). A couple months ago I knew virtually nothing about how an automotive works or how to modify it/the effects of doing so. I think you can all agree knowing how to maintain and modify an automotive is an incredible skill. So I basically set out to teach myself via YouTube, CruzeTalk, and straight up trial and error (that’s the BEST one). Here I’ll post my updates and any pitfalls I encountered along the way. Any recommendations and input are always appreciated! Also if you have any questions about certain modifications feel free to ask!

Current Car Info: 2012 LT Crystal Red 1.4L Turbo w/ approx 81K miles

Modifications in Order of Date Performed (those without pics will get them soon):

Motor trend floor mats

Maxracing Short Aluminum Antenna

Pioneer MVH-1400NEX Stereo w/ CarPlay

AEM SRI

Repaired/replaced trunk latch

ACDelco Iridium Spark Plugs

ACDelco Ignition Coil

Plasti-Dipped Front and Rear Emblem

Touched up hundreds of chips, scratches, rusting at the bare metal level (WHY is this thing a magnet for rocks????)

Spyder Projector Headlight Installed
    Spec-D DRL LED foglight Installed
    Plasti Dipped Wheels Gloss Black
    Painted Brake Calipers Red
    De-rusted front rotors and rear drum brake housing
    Cougar Motor LED low beams

In Progress Modifications:

Magnaflow catback exhaust 15070
    BNR tune

Planned Modifications/Repairs (in order of when they’re happening)

PCV fix (dreading this)
    Transmission fluid change @ 100K
    LED hi beams
    LED front turn signal lights
    Spyder LED taillights
    Blend mount for radar detector
    Black side marker covers
    Install backup camera
    Install coilovers

IMG_1326.jpgIMG_1328.jpgIMG_1945.jpgIMG_1996.jpg
    Last edited by drgubi; Today at 12:27 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Nice start. What year?

First suggestion - install a Blend Mount or something similar to hang your detector from the rearview mirror. Makes it much more inconspicuous and gives the antenna a better view at the same time. Just run a wire up from the fuse block along the pillar garnish and to the center of the headliner along the windshield. Almost no removal of parts is necessary. If you have the dimming mirror, you have access to switched power right at the mirror and can use mirror taps. Because it is an LT though I assume you do not. Mirror tap also makes a generic kit to run from the fuse panel if you prefer.
    drgubi likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Nice start. What year?

First suggestion - install a Blend Mount or something similar to hang your detector from the rearview mirror. Makes it much more inconspicuous and gives the antenna a better view at the same time. Just run a wire up from the fuse block along the pillar garnish and to the center of the headliner along the windshield. Almost no removal of parts is necessary. If you have the dimming mirror, you have access to switched power right at the mirror and can use mirror taps. Because it is an LT though I assume you do not. Mirror tap also makes a generic kit to run from the fuse panel if you prefer.

It’s a 2012! Updated my original post. And that’s actually an awesome idea. I despise messy wires I can’t hide somewhere. Thanks!
    Blasirl likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    One of the first things I did myself.

drgubi likes this.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Learning about my Cruze Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Looks good! How is the CarPlay integration? Do steering wheel controls and such all work?

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigzeus View Post
    Looks good! How is the CarPlay integration? Do steering wheel controls and such all work?
    The CarPlay integration is excellent, I don’t know how I existed without it! The steering wheel controls fully work and are actually customizable thanks to the Maestro RR module I installed alongside the stereo. It even came with an OBDII adapter that I routed under the steering wheel which lets the stereo display any readable value in the form of some nifty gauges (it can even read some CEL codes)
    Thebigzeus likes this.

Plasti-dipped the wheels today and painted the calipers. Very satisfied with the results.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    guuyuk likes this.

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by drgubi View Post
    Plasti-dipped the wheels today and painted the calipers. Very satisfied with the results.
    I like the look. To further your color scheme, consider these:

drgubi likes this.

Hidden Content

Well that’s getting bought. Going to Thailand for two weeks so will install headlights, fog lights, and those babies when I return (if only I could bring the Cruze :’( )

Finally installed the headlights and fog lights. I just need to find an evening that it’s NOT downpouring so I can align the headlight beams. Side markers will be in the future I’m dead atm.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)