Nick's Commander Build
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nick's Commander Build

Learning about my Cruze 2019CruzeRSAEM's Avatar

Cool Nick's Commander Build

Today was the day!! We picked up our 2019 Pacific Blue Metallic Cruze RS.

Man o man is it fun to drive!

We had GM performance exhaust and brakes installed before pickup.

We also installed the blue fled lights.

I swear the guys at the dealership gave me a BNR tune (lol) there is no limpness or lag .....

More to come..
    Front.jpgBack.jpgSide.jpgDriver's floor.jpgRear Floor.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Looks good! I have heard rumor that there is a GM provided sport tune. Maybe they thought since you have the performance exhaust/brakes, why not.
    2019CruzeRSAEM likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Handbrake Released
    It looks very good. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019CruzeRSAEM likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Today is my wife's birthday and while she was getting a massage I was installing the AEM CAI.

It sounds awesome.

More to come....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some more new additions

Carbon Fiber Side mirrors
    Red Tire Valve Caps
    Red/Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Cover
    Red Front Seat Covers

We went with red to offset the red RS badges and red brake calipers and we think it looks friggen cool...
    Car Seats 2.jpgCarbon FIber Side Mirrors.jpgRed and Carbon Fiber Strreing Wheel Cover.jpgRed Tire Valve Caps.jpgRed Car Seat Covers from Windshield.jpg
    We are going to Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrap the interior trim here soon....

Today I carbon fiber vinyl wrapped our cup holder console and radio trim.

The radio trim was a pain to get off.

The console was easy.

After 1 attempt and failure on the radio trim I learned from my mistakes.

You have to stretch the vinyl a bit and make sure you have an exacto knife.

Also make sure you wipe down the surface of your trim with rubbing alcohol. It makes the vinyl stick better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looks good I like the matte finish. I went w gloss on mine so it's cool to see what yours looks like. What brand/type did you go with?

Also I learned this from my first attempt, make sure you post heat. Definitely do that and a hair dryer probably won't cut it unless it has a super high heat level. If you don't you'll more than likely end up with bubbles after a couple weeks of it sitting in the sun. That's what happened on mine.

Also, man, everything about that top trim piece is the biggest pain in the ass right!?? Ugh haha

Quote Originally Posted by Iamantman View Post
    Looks good I like the matte finish. I went w gloss on mine so it's cool to see what yours looks like. What brand/type did you go with?

Also I learned this from my first attempt, make sure you post heat. Definitely do that and a hair dryer probably won't cut it unless it has a super high heat level. If you don't you'll more than likely end up with bubbles after a couple weeks of it sitting in the sun. That's what happened on mine.

Also, man, everything about that top trim piece is the biggest pain in the ass right!?? Ugh haha
    Went with Vivid brand. They had the best ratings.

Yea the radio trim didn't want to come out and I was concerned about applying to much force and breaking a clip so I just wiggled and slowly applied more pressure.

My wife's hair dryer gets pretty stinking hot and it worked well.

Yeah that piece is a real pain. I had a cell phone repair kit that comes with those plastic spudgers and mini pry sticks which worked well. You really do have to pull to the point of thinking you'll break it though which is nerve wracking.

Oh that's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamantman View Post

I would Luke to see some pics of your gloss carbon fiber wrap

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)