Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze lt that I bought in January of 2019 with approx 24.000 miles.

This is my 3rd car ever and 3rd Chevy. I started with the Cavalier, then went to the Cobalt and now the Cruze.

I love my Chevys but I think they all have irritating unexplainable issues.
Also, with the 16 Cruze lt, I find it hard to find help. The majority of posts are for prior years, or not the lt.

Having a lot of issues with battery and blind spot sensors.

·
Super Moderator
7,484 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Is it a Gen I or Gen II? They made both that year. if it is a Gen I, almost all of the help is relevant. What is more important is the engine, with an LT being the 1.4 turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Is it a Gen I or Gen II? They made both that year. if it is a Gen I, almost all of the help is relevant. What is more important is the engine, with an LT being the 1.4 turbo.

ummm....I honestly don’t know? what’s the difference? Its a 2016 Cruze Lt, 4 cylinder, 2WD. I think.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does it look like an older cruze or the newer ones? Early 2016 "limited" cruzes had the earlier 1.4lt motor share the majority of things with the older looking ones.

As Blasirl said the battery cable can be a big source of problems. People often upgrade to the "Big 3 kit" which extermerev sells. Just by re installing mine and making it tight, my peak charging voltage dropped .3, which means the alternator regulator was calling for less voltage to charge the battery and the voltage was less peaky and more around 14.7 most of the time. The computer controls the voltage and monitors the current (amperage). If the ecu is calling for less voltage it "should" be charging the battery more effectively after starts. If you have auto-stop your voltage will probably be higher more often after frequent stops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts