Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Cruze TD HB, 12k miles
I am getting this message intermittently for the past month.
Started a few days after oil change/ tire rotation at dealership. The service advisor was quick to chalk it up to needing to “relearn “ the system again, she said it sometimes happens after the service that it was not successful the first time.
After I left the dealership the 2nd time within 10 miles it was back again, and continues to happen at least 3-4 times per week. I clear the message on the dash, the little yellow tire warning light will stay on solid then clear itself.
Has anyone else experienced this?thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What happens to the tire pressure readings when it lights up? If it's consistently the same wheel, then I'd suspect a flaky sensor. Otherwise, it may be a problem with the receiver. Do you have anything mounted by the rear view mirror? I'm not sure where the receiver is in the Gen2, but the Gen1 it was in that location - and some folks found that dashcams could cause problems.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Along similar lines, does when the warning has gone off have you been driving or near the same location? There isn't a ton of interference on the frequency range used by most of the tire pressure monitoring systems but I've heard of problems with driving near strong sources of radio frequency (RF) and electrical substations (for example, parking next to a high-power transformer).

More than likely it's something simple like a defective sensor or receiver module. I'd schedule an appointment and have them take another look.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I have nothing mounted near the rear view mirror. It comes on very randomly, I don’t believe it has anything to do with where I am driving. I will look at the individual tire pressures next time it happens. Will have it checked again with next oil change.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking like the culprit is the RR, 2 separate incidents where Service Tire Monitor came on and RR reading is blank.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
If I were to wager on it I would say that right rear sensor is going belly up. Hopefully it's covered under warranty for you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
taxman
the 40448 tool works on all cruze with up to 433 mhz signal my 2018 cruze has 445mhz radio signal
george

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
567 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Then you've got the only one. 433mhz is what it should have. RPO code XL8.

If you find it impossible to locate 445mhz sensors it's likely because they don't exist ;)
that's what the owners manual says,tried the EL40448 433mhz
no luck.;)

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
that's what the owners manual says,tried the EL40448 433mhz
no luck.;)
Where are you getting the info that it's 445mhz?
Isn't it far more likely that you have a crappy knockoff tpms tool that doesn't work than it is that you have a unique tpms frequency that no tool operates and no other GM vehicle has?

·
Registered
7 Posts
info is in owner's manual,will bring to dealer to verify.
product info on one of the many models of el40448 on amazon actually does specify that it
does not work on 2018 cruze

tks for your info

·
Registered
121 Posts
About a year ago I got that "service tire sensor" around 50,000 miles. What that really meant is that one of the sensors went bad and need to be replaced. Chevy dealer was only too happy...cost,if I remember a little over or a little under 100 bucks.

And my CRUZE...2014... has a dash cam. It works just fine and causes no problems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts