Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We had this repaired prior to the special bulletin coming out, and then it happened again, just 2000 miles past the coverage. Dealer said too bad. So we wrote to GM customer care directly and they might do something for us. One thing they asked was if we still had the letter and reimbursement form. Well I found the letter, but not the reimbursement form. If someone still has theirs, could you scan and post it?

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
Out of curiosity, how long has it been since you had it repaired? Dealer repairs are generally covered by a year warranty.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got a nice fat check for almost 500 bones today from GM. Reimbursement for replacing that stupid rear harness and diagnostic fees. Ended up just being the module. Dealer was just throwing parts at it, at my expense.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mother #################### --- arghhh

All that work I did in April for nothing. Started getting this stupid warning again today, even with the new covers and sealing everything. The stupid part is when I had it fixed in 2017 they lasted until 2019. I get the covers and try to seal everything at only get 7 months out of it. wtf.

If I have to put another set of sensors on it I'm going to wrap the entire **** thing in saran wrap.

Does anyone know of an easy way to turn these off permanently? I'm at the point where I just don't want to deal with it anymore. That's 3 times on this car that these have gone bad.

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
I think I asked, because ours have been disconnected for like two years now, but I don't think there is a way to turn the warning off.

·
Registered
338 Posts
This morning I turned it back on and the system is working again without errors. It probably dried out. I'm going to take down the sensors and wrap them up with plastic wrap to completely cover them and see if they still work. If it does, if/when they completely fail again I'll do it to the new ones.

EDIT
I still have my old units from earlier in the year. I think the passenger side is the one that goes bad. I could use my old drivers side on the passenger side and should be good if wrapping them doesn't work.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quick update. I took out the passenger sensor today and I cannot for the life of me see how water would be getting into this. It's still sealed very well and there was tape over the vent hole already. I checked under some of the tape I put on and there is no moister. I put it back up and put some tape around the cover to seal the seems, I don't know what else to do.

What I did find that may be an issue is related to a change I made to the harness. The harness runs along the bumper, connecting the sensors, and connects to the car with larger 8 or 10 pin connector. I wrapped that in plastic a month ago and fully sealed it. I did this because it hangs down and was getting completely covered by water. So I took off the plastic and it was completely full of moisture, really bad. I'm not sure how it would have gotten in there since it was fully sealed. Either way, I cleaned everything with electrical connector cleaner, and packed the connector inside and outside full of dialectical grease. Then I zip tied it up on top of the metal bumper so it would not be hanging down and getting wet. I don't know if that was the problem but it would be an awful coincidence that it's always the passenger side detector that acts up.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts