Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Massive problem with gearbox im currently stuck in 5th gear oil has been drained no metal shavings found it feels like the gear selector has jammed im not a mechanic far from it but ive been trying to start from the gearstick in side the car working my way down cables both seem to be working just can not get it into any other gear ive been able to get neutral but only just. Plz any one heard of this problem or have the solution besides the obveous burning the bloodly thing lol im so fed up with this car drama after drama thats all its been.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Pardon my ignrance, but what is an 09 jg cdx gearbox?

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Registered
984 Posts
It is an Australian Cruze, built in Korea - build year 2009, model JG, at the CDX equipment level.

But it may be in New Zealand.

To the OP, take it to a mechanic. If you are in south-east Melbourne I can recommend a couple.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to take it to someone who knows what they r doing but unfortunately im a single mum on a pension just can not afford to ATM, I was hoping I was not the only one having this problem ive got the car up on stands in the process of swapping gearbox over to one I purchased for $500 with only 30 000ks mine is at 125 000ks ive been able to get it out of 5th and into neutral but that's about it wont go into any other gears after reading up on these SH*T BOX cars once I have it back on the road im selling the bloody thing im so over it. THANK YOU HOLDEN FOR ALL THE STANDARD FACTORY FAULTS YOU HAVE MADE WITH THE BIGGEST LEMON OF A CAR EVER MADE.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts