Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a mailer from Chevy in the mail yesterday for an extra $1,000 off on most GM vehicles. It's good until the end of February. I might trade in my 2011 LS for a 2013 if I can really get an extra $1,000 discount. My dealer has been advertising base LS at $13,997 and if I could get one even cheaper it would be hard to pass up. I'll visit the dealer today and see if it's a genuinely new discount on top of everything else if if the advertised price already factors this discount into the mix.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
I received a mailer from Chevy in the mail yesterday for an extra $1,000 off on most GM vehicles. It's good until the end of February. I might trade in my 2011 LS for a 2013 if I can really get an extra $1,000 discount. My dealer has been advertising base LS at $13,997 and if I could get one even cheaper it would be hard to pass up. I'll visit the dealer today and see if it's a genuinely new discount on top of everything else if if the advertised price already factors this discount into the mix.
I have a GM Card and every year I get a mailing stating they topped my GM Card off to $2000 on most GM vehicles. and 2012 aor 2013 Cruze is one of them on top of any other discounts. So I am considering the same trade in my 2011 LS for a 2013. So I may take a look at a nice 2LT or Eco or maybe even a new LS if the differences are enough between the 2011 and 2013.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,598 Posts
Are there any differences with the 2013 LS over the 2011 that would make it worth the trade?

The 2013 LT/Eco has a nice touch-screen audio package, but I don't think that's an option on the LS.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Be careful with those salesman. When you walk in the door dont show them the mailer at first. See what the best they can do on a vehicle youre wanting and get in detail all the discounts. If they leave out the $1000 discount on mailer after they give you the best price say to them I also have this mailer. Remember not to give them any of your info on any discounts cause they just love that.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've recieved a similar offer with $1000 additional private offer to top off at a total of $3,000 off. This could be used on a 2012 or 2013. My 2012 is 16 months old, and I'd consider trading it, for another 2012-2013, but my math seems to show that I'd still be loosing about $2,000-$3,000 on the deal.

Has anyone who's gotten this deal, negotiated a good deal on another cruze? What's your out of pocket cost per year that you've owned your cruze. If I could put $1,000-$1500 with this offer, and start over on Milage and warranty I would do it.

I know someone who just did this with a Silverado, but there's so many incentives on trucks vs. fuel efficient cars like the cruze.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I can't figure out how GM thinks I'm going to buy three cars in one year. I also got the $1,000 offer.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Sounds like an incentive to get used vehicles for the dealers to sell, and use more of GM's in-house financing. It might work out for somebody, but I doubt it.

And, I'd rather keep the car I know (and have modded, even though transferring the mods would take 20 minutes) than start over again with another car.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
LOL...LOL....They must be trying to "bribe" me into getting rid of my 2011 Cruze with the crappy transmission because I got an off for $2,000 that is good until February 28th on all GM cars except the Spark! If they would get me out of my lease, I'd be gone in a FLASH!

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
LOL...LOL....They must be trying to "bribe" me into getting rid of my 2011 Cruze with the crappy transmission because I got an off for $2,000 that is good until February 28th on all GM cars except the Spark! If they would get me out of my lease, I'd be gone in a FLASH!
If you have a dealership that's willing, you may be able to get out of your lease, especially if you buy another Chevy.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
If you have a dealership that's willing, you may be able to get out of your lease, especially if you buy another Chevy.

I highly DOUBT it. I have 13 months left on my lease. The only way they could work this out is to ADD my monthly payments in to the payments for a new car! Besides, they would NEVER take this car the way it drives because they would NEVER be able to sell it! It only has 13,000 in 2 years and looks great, but that's about it. They'd make more money selling it for parts!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I visited my dealer yesterday and talked a little about trading my 2011 LS on a new one. They have been advertising new 2012 LS models at $13,997 but those have all been sold. Sometimes they run an add for new current year LS's at $14,997, which would still be a pretty sweet deal if I could use the $1,000 coupon but they're not running an ad like that right now.

I could get a new Equinox LS or Malibu LS for $20K but I really like the Cruze LS with manual trans. I still have more than a month to think it over or find a better deal since the offer goes through the end of February.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
There's a lot of base 2012 LS models here in Minnesota, and I think I did see the 13,999 price. I agree that's a good deal, and if your going for cost per mile that's the deal.

I'm looking for a 1LT, and I really like my color combination of what I have, so I may keep it. Still keeping my eyes out for the best prices on the 1LT model, but not many of those in my market. Appears to be 2012 LS and LTZ. Even discounted the LTZ's are 20-21,000. Too much in my opinion for an economy car.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Be careful with those salesman. When you walk in the door dont show them the mailer at first. See what the best they can do on a vehicle youre wanting and get in detail all the discounts. If they leave out the $1000 discount on mailer after they give you the best price say to them I also have this mailer. Remember not to give them any of your info on any discounts cause they just love that.
You never mention discounts like the $1000 or the GM Card until the final price is reached. Correct me if I am wrong but neither should matter since both are manufacturer incentives and have little to do with the "bottom line" for the dealer.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yes your right. In this discussion thead I'm interested in what's the best negotiated price with the dealer before using the $2,000 or $3,000 dollars.

Those of us with GM Cards know not to show incentives like this to the dealer until you get them down to a really good deal.

If I could get the new car minus my trade in to be less than $3,000 dollars then it would be an even swap. Essentially getting the use of a car for a year without paying maintenance or depreciation. I'd probably have to throw some money with the $3,000 dollars, and that would still be doable, but not throwing several thousand dollars from my pocket into the deal.

I know, I'm dreaming.. My trade is at 18,000 miles, I don't think we'd ever come close based on what I'm seeing for resale values on cars.com for used 1LT's with this milage.

I know one coworker who did this last year on a 2011 Impala 3.5, and another who did it with a Silverado. Both of those vehicles are lower demand/ older GM technology and that's probably why.

Cruze is still popular, but I don't think they are selling as fast as they were when I bought my 2012 with gas approaching $4.00 per gallon. Dealer discounts should be more than $1,500 on a new cruze, and that's what I'm seeing on a 1LT. About $1,500 off MSRP.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
You never mention discounts like the $1000 or the GM Card until the final price is reached. Correct me if I am wrong but neither should matter since both are manufacturer incentives and have little to do with the "bottom line" for the dealer.
They shouldn't make a difference, but if the salesman knows you have them they won't work as hard to bring the price down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts