Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You can delete this.

Nm, i'll keep my knowledge to myself from now on.

Reactions: Blue Angel

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Thanks for this post.

1.04g isn't that like... super sports car territory on the skidpad?
Seeing that the new z28 pulled a 1.05g its pretty **** impressive from our little Eco Box if I do say so. Congrats Poje, now how about a tire change or some other tweak, we gotta get a Cruze on par with that z28.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All i have to say is add chamber bolts and spacers youll be blown away with the difference.
Ya, i know that i can still improve on this, but i just wanted to cover some basics about the Coil-overs.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seeing that the new z28 pulled a 1.05g its pretty **** impressive from our little Eco Box if I do say so. Congrats Poje, now how about a tire change or some other tweak, we gotta get a Cruze on par with that z28.
Hehe ya, im happy with the results ! :tongue:

As for Tires, those Dunlops are very good. Since this is my daily driver, going to a more extreme tire would mean other compromizes...

Reactions: ErikBEggs

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
When you say 1.04 lateral G is that peak or average? Because when you read about a Supercar doing 1 lateral G on the skidpad that's 1G average.

Reactions: Blue Angel

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Still pretty impressive.

People laugh when I said Chevy claims the LTZ RS outhandles a BMW 328i on dry pavement with OEM tires. I had to peep it. The 2011 iteration of the BMW 328i is a 0.84, LTZ is 0.85 with 67 mph though the slalom. I think the funny part is the Ford Focus outhandles both! Haha!

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Nice thread poje. Very informative.
Only wish there were some videos along with the info. ;)

What app are you using?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,643 Posts
Nice write-up Poje! That should help some peole out.

When you say 1.04 lateral G is that peak or average? Because when you read about a Supercar doing 1 lateral G on the skidpad that's 1G average.
Exactly. Timed laps around a skid pad of known diameter are used to calculate average Gs, peak numbers mean very little. Look at the recent videos GM has put out with their cars on the N-Ring. There's a G display on teh lower right that shows the car's acceleration in all horizontal directions. The peak numbers are insane for the latest ZR1 video (over 1.5G IIRC), but that car averages "only" 1.10 on a skid pad.

Poje, what tires are you using? If they're not a full on R-compound tire you're most likely not averaging over 1G in a skidpad test. Sport Compact Car did a test a while back with a Civic Si to see what it would take to get the car to corner harder than a Viper (1.xxG) and they barely got it there with Hoosier slicks if I recall.

How are you measuring your Gs?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
To sustain 1 lateral G average with a car weighing 3000lb you would not only want race compound tires with your rock hard coil-overs and lowered ride height but you'd want some seriously wide tires and wheels and a lot of camber.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1.04 was average, if you see the graphic, i go up to 1.05...

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Yea I will be using my GoPro and TrackMaster app for Android whrn I get back to Autocross and Sandia.

Sent from my Droid

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
1.04 was average, if you see the graphic, i go up to 1.05...
Nice numbers! Especially for a front driver. Nice write up too!

Reactions: Poje

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Thanks for this post.

1.04g isn't that like... super sports car territory on the skidpad?
I highly doubt it is sustained 1.04G, pulling over a 1G in instantaneous grip isn't all that hard. Being able to hold it on a skid pad for sustained periods is what makes the difference. I'm sure a bone stock Cruze could pull 1G for a short period of time. For example I have had spikes of over 1.6G in the Trans Am, but it could sustain about 1.02 on the skid pad.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts