Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I have a 12 eco with the muffler delete but am thinking of deleting the res and adding a magnaflow muffler from the exhaust listed on the magnaflow website. Was wondering if anyone has done a setup like this and if so how is sounds. Planning on having mine done next week sometime. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 2nd cat delete with an magnaflow where was the resonator in the middle and then spliting in 2 pipes where the old muffler was. its not too loud IMO with an nice rumble. Been that way for 60k and I still love it. I would do it again if i would change for another cruze

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
So right now I have a 12 eco with the muffler delete but am thinking of deleting the res and adding a magnaflow muffler from the exhaust listed on the magnaflow website. Was wondering if anyone has done a setup like this and if so how is sounds. Planning on having mine done next week sometime. Thanks.
Do you still have the stock pipes? Like downpipe and midpipe? I'm running a full catless setup with straightpipe and it's stupid loud, but I've heard of a few that sound decent with the hi flow magnaflow muffler and res delete with stock pipes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I still have my cats but i installed the Flowmaster Cat-Back system, I prefer the chambered sound over the glass. Its dual exit with a 3 chamber, i forgot what series, 2.25" stainless. It has a nice throaty sound... kinda European sound, and its not loud while cruising only while your foot is in it. I would like to remove the cats and swap the 3 chamber for a super 40. To my understanding a tune is needed to remove the cats though. I would like to add a cutout so i could go straight pipe when i felt like it. I am a fan of turbos unrestricted.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Yea, this thing is loud... More of an srt4 with a lot of popping and a nice gargle sound but I'm thinking of quieting it down a little bit with a glasspack magnaflow muffler, I went to an exhaust shop and had them custom make this exhaust but with the 2 cats deleted I've got a little rasp issue @3000+ rpm's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah thats why I want just electric cutout... I like the sound but all the time would be to much. The Magnaflow sound ok , and i almost went that way, but im sold on the Flowmaster. Im not a fan of that glass sound anyways, my personal preference. There are some good sound clips on youtube BTW. Not sure if they are before or after they let the exhaust "cook-in". Took mine about 3-4 days before the sound got where it is now. I would do a sound clip but a phone doest record sound very good.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Yeah thats why I want just electric cutout... I like the sound but all the time would be to much. The Magnaflow sound ok , and i almost went that way, but im sold on the Flowmaster. Im not a fan of that glass sound anyways, my personal preference. There are some good sound clips on youtube BTW. Not sure if they are before or after they let the exhaust "cook-in". Took mine about 3-4 days before the sound got where it is now. I would do a sound clip but a phone doest record sound very good.
Yea, it did not take very long to break in the exhaust and get it broken in either. I've heard some clips but I have no seen any that have a full catless exhaust with no muffler or res so I thought I would try it out before I decided to add a muffler or not.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So did the exhaust and car still sounds stock lol. Un bolted the muffler (had it flanged) and it sounds great. So made a pipe to go back and am running cat back straight pipe. It's not all bad having it quiet with magnaflow. I don't want it too loud as I have another child comming next year and I can go from quiet to fun within about 10 min. Was kinda disappointed that I didn't get the sound I was hoping for with the muffler. Live and learn I guess lol. And I do still have both cats.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Yea, my neighbors probably hate me in the morning since I park in my garage and it echos really bad lol I love the sound of the straightpipe but without cats I do get a little raspy above 3000rpm or so that's why I'm really considering the muffler or switching from the catless midpipe to the catted version and possibly adding a muffler or even a single resanator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts