Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting the ZZP midpipe. Is it worth it? I hear the downpipe helps but you need to get it tuned or codes start going off even though ZZP says it won't.:(

·
Registered
481 Posts
Other than a tune, midpipe is probably one of the top things you can do for power, although that power won't be fully realized without the tune. It might increase bottom end some.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks! Will it just throw off a code? I'm used to bigger V6 and V8 exhaust, I'm sure it wouldn't sound like that but I hate the fart can sound. I wouldn't get this right?

·
Registered
271 Posts
The midpipe is good to get but I think the downpipe would probably be the better of the two. The downpipe gets ride of the convertor that is a few inches away from the turbo. I did both the midpipe and downpipe and I can tell the turbo spools faster. I also get a lot of turbo spooling noise through the exhaust.

A clip is below with the midpipe, downpipe, and muffler delete.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kmEDSCQvQ

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I'm debating on whether or not it's worth doing at all. I have the K&N which sounds good and what not but dropping a bucket of coin on a tune because of the DP? I dunno. Does the midpipe alone give it a throatier sound?

·
Registered
271 Posts
The muffler delete would give you a throatier sound.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Lol I don't think you quite understand the tune here. It's a pretty impressive gain especially with additional work being tuned into the mix.

However some just don't want to. And for that the downpipe will need a tune and the midpipe and catback sections do not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm. Thanks for the info! I had to get new wheels for my truck due to the inner bead deteriorating but in due time!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was actually thinking about getting the catted mid pipe and keeping the stock downpipe. Was curious if there would be a decrease in fuel economy (driving habits aside).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts