Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know. I have owned the car just about 2 mos. I will check with the dealer this week Do you or anyone know of a good chip upgrade, as well as a bolt-on intercooler? The turbo really needs an intercooler.. I want to modified my car a bit to give the WRX a run for its money! :)
You Must Run 91 Octane living in AZ, Luckily gas is cheap, put in a new set of plugs too

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Just throwing this out there but our Cruze was missing so to speak and it turned out to be the coil. Picked one up off ebay for $90 and it has been working great since.

Seems the coils on these things are not the greatest. Hence why BNR has the LS7 coil upgrade.

·
Registered
37 Posts
** UPDATE ** I ended up taking my car to my local Chevy dealership. It was determined that I had a faulty water pump and thermostat as well as a bad turbo. The water pump and thermostat were covered under a GM "recall," and the turbo was replaced under my extended warranty. Hopefully, the two repairs will have cured my bogging/hesitation problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get many flaky things at times with my 2011 Cruze 2011 1.4. Had two turbos and three water pumps in 30k so I never am surprised by anything anymore with my car. Personally the hesitation is probably just a timing vs boost issue and the trans in the wrong gear. To me the trans shifts slower than the turbo spools up. I just think the whole engine trans management is setup all wrong and the trans and engine work against one another. Actually the newer Cruze seems to have solved this some.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 14 Cruze ECO manual with 65k on it. I have changed to the copper plugs and done 3-4 regaps, currently at .28 it acts like it’s missing but never throws a code, I even have a BlueDriver code reader & it shows zero! I’ve tried A/C off, on, premium no ethanol, premium 10%, mid grade but never 87. It never does this in 1st upon takeoff but will do it in the other gears. Never does it when cold but will after fully warmed up... I’m thinking it may be injectors but I may try the coil pack 1st.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same issue, but it turned out to be a blown check valve in the manifold. Common problem with the 1.4 Turbo. I no longer have to worry about the issue because the car was totaled in August 2017. I upgraded to the Cruze 2.0 TD.. A more reliable car by far!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts