Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
aren't they working on a tune that has already dynoed at 237 ft lbs to the wheels on an otherwise stock eco?? if you need more than what a tune will get you, you need something with a v8...like a camaro or vette, then start modding and adding a turbo to. 240 ft lbs in a car weighing 3000 lbs will be stupid quick.
Sure, if low 15s is stupid quick to you.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
If I were to build a budget screamer, I'd start with an old Miata, freshen it up, and throw a moderately-sized turbo onto it. 2300 lbs with 200ish horsepower would be very entertaining. Guaranteed it would be faster than a tuned Cruze, and out-handle it. That's what I'm saving my pennies for.

Besides, extensively modding a daily driver is pointless to me. Often the upgrades that make it faster and better-handling come at the expense of reliability, interior sound levels, fuel economy, and ride quality. In short, they often ruin the qualities that the car was purchased for in the first place. If I'm going to be wrenching every weekend on a modded car, I'll wrench on the weekend car that can be thrown into the garage for the week until there's time to wrench. Wrenching to get to work is something I've done before, and not something I'm looking to repeat.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
If I were to build a budget screamer, I'd start with an old Miata, freshen it up, and throw a moderately-sized turbo onto it. 2300 lbs with 200ish horsepower would be very entertaining. Guaranteed it would be faster than a tuned Cruze, and out-handle it. That's what I'm saving my pennies for.
Funny you should say that. I beat a Miata at the drag strip when they were doing 1/8 mile runs (1/4 wasnt open yet). LOL. They ran a 10.2 somehow and I ran 10.1.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Lol, can't get much closer than that!

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Heh, that's why one adds boost to a Miata. With sticky enough rear tires, nail the throttle and say goodbye. And, if the engine blows, park it until a better engine can be built.

The most engine mods my car will see will be a resonator delete and tune. Anything more than that will start affecting the noise/vibration/harshness negatively, which is a con in my book.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Agreed with all the comments that this isn't a racecar, or a worthy engine to drop a lot of money into modding up. That being said, I do want to squeeze a little more power out of it for daily driving. I have no worries about the warranty (moving out of the country with the car) and only care about the cars reliability.

My thoughts are trifecta tune, k&n typhoon, and o2 housing. Is there a better combination for roughly the same amount of money that would have better results?

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
It's a good combo to start for sure. I have the tune and K&N myself right now and I am not complaining! lol.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
You and that darn mishimoto!!! Regulator? No...fuel injectors? Yes, I am there already...wish I knew where to purchase some bigger injectors for the Cruze 1.4T!
Check out DDMWorks, they have a set of 42# injectors that Vince has already tested on his.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Youll save yourself alot of money, headaches, and laughs by just starting with a different car with a larger engine. The Cruze is a moderately quick economy car. Nothing more.
I cant speak for everyone, but i am about to buy a 2012 chevy cruze eco because its an overall fantastic daily driver car. It looks great, i love the interior, price, gas mileage, etc. I would be completely happy to stop at 185-200whp. I think thats fairly realistic too.

Downpipe, intake, FMIC, turbo swap, tuned. Since its a brand new car, im personally going to wait a year or two before i do much... 2800 lbs and 200whp I think would be a fun combination for my daily driver.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes, same boat. Its a light car that handles well (the z-link is extremely fun when having to swerve - noticed this when dodging some debris - the back end really moved but kept grip) i'd definitly be happy with stopping at 180whp. Want to see if it is possible to get there with a few mods already out and a tune.

·
Registered
22 Posts
[QUOTE = "OnlyTaurus, post: 92195, membre: 4740"]
Accordez-le. ~ 450 $. Ensuite, commencez à économiser pour les autres goodies. Il n'y a pas encore grand-chose pour cette voiture, mais consultez zzperformance.com pour la Cruze. Theres des composants d'échappement et un kit de refroidisseur intermédiaire qui devrait vous amener assez près de 200. C'est un début. La voiture est encore trop neuve, mais des pièces de performance de rechange arrivent.
[/CITATION]
la puce du OBD2 a 60 HP de chip your car ces tu bon a 209$

21 - 32 of 32 Posts