Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had check engine light error code P00B7 come up on the 11' Cruze Eco 1.4L turbo. States that its poor circulation of coolant and the obvious choices in this order will be Thermostat, Water pump then Radiator. Ive already replaced the coolant temp sensors about 4 months ago. Since it does not specifically say the part that needs replacing I will start with the thermostat and wondering if anybody can direct me to a video of the replacement being done? or alternatively if there is a how to write up with pictures available on the internet some place? Have any other 1.4L Turbo owners come across this issue and what was the fix? Happy to chat with you all and Happy Cruzing!

:grin:-Mark-:grin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a new issue which they have not yet recalled that has to do with water pump and thermostat failure... They are allegedly covering it up to 150,000 miles... Mine has been in the shop for 2 weeks , they want to sell me a new battery for $350 and after replacing the waterpump I guess they blew the head gasket somehow... The worst thing is the only contact I've had with him in two weeks is the times I've called them.. They gave me a nice new loner... brand new Chevy 2016 Silverado but it gets about 17 miles a gallon... I sold my f250 because I'm an RN now and doing very little construction... I need my 30 miles per gallon vehicle back... Even though the dealership still claims I'm getting 45 miles to the gallon... Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a new issue which they have not yet recalled that has to do with water pump and thermostat failure... They are allegedly covering it up to 150,000 miles... Mine has been in the shop for 2 weeks , they want to sell me a new battery for $350 and after replacing the waterpump I guess they blew the head gasket somehow... The worst thing is the only contact I've had with him in two weeks is the times I've called them.. They gave me a nice new loner... brand new Chevy 2016 Silverado but it gets about 17 miles a gallon... I sold my f250 because I'm an RN now and doing very little construction... I need my 30 miles per gallon vehicle back... Even though the dealership still claims I'm getting 45 miles to the gallon... Lol
I guess this problem turned out to be a recall where there was a small leak in the water pump gasket. It causes the antifreeze to drain verrrrry slooooow, when this happens the car thinks all **** has broke lose and tells you its not getting the right circulation. I Simply filled the overflow reservoir, reset the code and it worked!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts