Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the Cruze Forum tonight and got registered. I am Chuck Rackley and go by chuckitt. I think the members of this site can help me and maybe i can help to. We have purchased a new 2012 1.4L turbo LUJ and will be setting it up to run in a standalone setup with all the safety codes turned off. We will be putting this engine on a small airboat. We have a belt drive 2 to 1 ratio to power the propeller. The belt drive was designed for the bigger Ecotec engines and the shaft that bolts to the crankshaft flange is a differant bolt pattern than the 1.4L. Does anyone know where i can get the detail drawing of the crankshaft flange? Here is i picture of our engine with drive.
Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Vehicle Automotive super charger part

Thanks, Chuck

·
Registered
80 Posts
I could think of better (cheaper?) engines to use on an airboat... Why buy an engine for a car when you can get crate engines without all the super special wiring harnesses and weird specific setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are using the new engines for eficiency and power to weight ratio. We have done the 2.0L turbo LNF and produced 310 HP and at 28 mph on water got 10 miles per gal. That is unheard of in airboats. I do the wiring and Vince does my tunes. We are also doing an LHU Flex Fuel.
Also, does anyone make a downpipe other than ZZP for the 1.4L Turbo.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Not yet, but I love my ZZP piece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cruze Airboat Update

To update the 1.4L Turbo LUJ used to power an airboat, we shipped the 2012 engine to American Airboats to put on their customers boat and they are finished but they haven't sent us any performance info.
We built another boat using the 2011 1.4L LUJ. At 5000 rpm's and 20 psi boost we got 179 HP. From setting at idle, the boat ran 68 miles per hr in a measured 400 ft. Ron, the owner is shown in the video but he want drive it flat out. We will be making another video showing a 400 ft run at WOT as soon as we get the idle improved in our tune.
Thanks, Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts