Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Loving my Eco. I have about 600 miles on it now. I've noticed that it's a bit tough to shift 1-2 upshift smoothly once you're in the boost so I've been doing the "2k rpm two-step." But, the gear spread between 2-4 is pretty wide and when I run up into the boost a bit it takes quite a bit of time for the revs to drop down so I can shift. I almost feel like GM is punishing me for enjoying the turbo a bit too much.:grin:

Does the Trifecta tune affect the spark/fuel mapping so that it'll be a bit closer to a conventional manual transmission? i.e. When you push in the clutch, the RPM actually drops. :)

Maybe I'm just used to my Vette and my V8 Vega, but this is silly. Hit 3k in 3rd gear and I have to wait like 5 seconds before I can shift into 4th.

Thanks,
Colin

·
10,711 Posts
I can't speak on VTuner(someone with it can chime in) but Trifecta eco map kinda makes the throttle position inputs less sensitive vs the race tune making them more responsive. For now, you just gotta be less pedal happy at the top of the rpms. As the miles get up there, you will get the hang of how much pedal is needed and when.

Just out of curiosity what rpms are you starting out 1st gear with a/c on?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,599 Posts
Unless you rev up to 5k and clutch in the revs don't hang on that long do they? At 3k...just shift. It kinda sorta falls slow enough that the next gear is rev matched unless you have the AC running. Then the revs fall like a brick and the next gear often needs a quick stab of the gas pedal to make the upshift go over smoothly.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
I noticed that also. When I get the RPMs up(maybe @ 4-5K) push in the clutch let off the gas, the "R"s would stay up a little. Never paid attention when via Trifecta or just stock.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
At high revs the stock ECU programming keeps the revs up during the shift. I suspect this may be easier on the clutch pad. If you're having problems shifting from 1st to 2nd at lower RPMs (2-3K) take it in. It may be low on synchromesh (gear) fluid. If the fluid level is OK find someone (or DIY) to swap in the AMSOIL synchromesh fluid.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I found the revs hang on too much at high rpms. I thought this was a function of the very heavy flywheel on the 1.4T.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't speak on VTuner(someone with it can chime in) but Trifecta eco map kinda makes the throttle position inputs less sensitive vs the race tune making them more responsive. For now, you just gotta be less pedal happy at the top of the rpms. As the miles get up there, you will get the hang of how much pedal is needed and when.

Just out of curiosity what rpms are you starting out 1st gear with a/c on?
Hey,
Sucks about the right foot. It's much more noticeable above 3500rpm. I typically get rolling around 1200rpm off the line without a problem. More like 1500 with the family in the car. I've never tried starting without air conditioning. It's still over 100 degrees here every day lol

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
With the dual mass flywheel on the 1.4T, you could try getting off the gas just a touch sooner when you go to shift than you would with a conventional engine with a regular flywheel. The whole Eco gearset takes getting used to all in itself, on top of the way the revs hang. It all just takes time getting used to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unless you rev up to 5k and clutch in the revs don't hang on that long do they? At 3k...just shift. It kinda sorta falls slow enough that the next gear is rev matched unless you have the AC running. Then the revs fall like a brick and the next gear often needs a quick stab of the gas pedal to make the upshift go over smoothly.
Agreed... I've done a couple of full throttle runs... sounds good but no need. Not getting anywhere quick LOL. If I did that with the Vega I'd be laying a number 11 all over the place. Shifting anywhere sub-3k is much better as long as I'm patient. Anything above that is a waste because I have to coast until the revs come back down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts