Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
- Handbrake lever is… flimsy! Not properly guided into the console so you feel it moving left and right when you engage the brake. No eBrake yet? Shame on you GM! :th_down:
I prefer a handbrake over an electronic brake. If your battery is dead, your ebrake is stuck. Some things like the parking brake, trunk latch, steering, etc. should all have manual ways to use them if the battery dies. A big one for me is the trunk latch. It's a little hard to get the jumper cables out when the battery dies.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
The steering always works manual. I completely agree with having a backup for all the electric features! I don't think it will ever happen :)
Probably not. Electric features are a lot cheaper for the manufacturers, and most customers seem to prefer them right now. Maybe some day luxury cars will have manual parking brakes and key locks. LOL.

Instead of classic jumper cables I saw new ones connected to the car's lighter plug. I'm curious how these works.
I think these are only good when the battery is just a little low and just needs a bit of assistance. I can't imagine these would work if the battery was almost dead. Too much current for those small wires to handle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.